Helpful ReplyHot!What are you watching?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 12
Author
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9645
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/21 12:23:30 (permalink)
I've reached the twelfth and final season of the original Hawaii 5 0. That's a lot of episodes!!
BelleReve
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1426
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/22 12:30:45 (permalink)
catching up with 2015 movies on DVD I missed during the year.  
Room
The Martian
Burnt
Steve Jobs
Trumbo - this was great, loved John Goodman, though his part was small, I don't think it got very good reviews, but enjoyed it a lot.

jaylhorner
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 508
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/22 13:30:34 (permalink)
Billions on Showtime
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8741
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/22 18:00:39 (permalink)
leethebard
I've reached the twelfth and final season of the original Hawaii 5 0. That's a lot of episodes!!

Prepare yourself...season 12's pretty weak.

Since we can't get cable and I'm too cheap to pay for satellite TV, we watch what comes over the air.  Earlier this year NBC test-ran (13? episodes) a sitcom called "Superstore", and I loved it.  Mrs. Chicken has a part-time job in retail and on many occasions she identified with what was happening on the TV screen.
Root-Beer Man
  • Total Posts : 1528
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/22 18:44:58 (permalink)
The Flash
Lucifer
Grimm
The Expanse
Sleepy Hollow
Supergirl
Wicked Tuna
And a few more. All of them are pretty darned good.
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/26 15:57:51 (permalink)
Watching tasty Indian food made TV in UK wood kitchen so yummy.  :)
tmiles
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2690
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/26 16:03:55 (permalink)
Netflix is always a season behind on Game of Thrones, but the first disc of the recently released season is due at my house on Monday.
For TV shows, I like:
Limitless, but it seems to be fading
Code Black
Blacklist (fading too, I wonder if it will be back)
Dr Ken
The news. I flip between CNN, Fox, Weather Channel, and a few biz news stations depending on ads.
I just watched the  first few episodes of F Troop, on netflix and it is still funny.
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/26 16:30:34 (permalink)
tmiles
Dr Ken

Sometimes the "Asian gangsta" schtick gets a little old but Jonathan Slavin's usually pretty good.  I thought he and Malcolm Barrett were great as the scientists in the underappreciated (and therefore gone too soon) Better Off Ted.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11954
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/27 00:45:17 (permalink)
Root-Beer Man
The Flash
Lucifer
Grimm
The Expanse
Sleepy Hollow
Supergirl
Wicked Tuna

REALLY????????????????" />
billyboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2916
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/27 07:33:08 (permalink)
I've been hooked on old Twilight Zone episodes recently.  Love the one with Telly Savalas where he keeps trying to get rid of his step-daughter's doll, Talky Tina, with murderous results.

My girlfriend and I watch MeTV (Memorable Entertainment TV) a lot (Andy Griffith, Perry Mason, All in the Family, The Bob Newhart Show, Cheers and I Love Lucy are just some of what they have on the schedule).  Our favorite though is The Carol Burnett Show.  Watched those as first-run often when I was a kid.  I never found Tim Conway to be particularly funny but I always enjoyed watching Harvey Korman try to keep a straight face in any sketch with him. 

More often, we find ourselves out in Times Square to catch a Broadway show.  Last night it was "Bright Star", a new show by Steve Martin (of stand-up and Saturday Night Live fame) and Edie Brickell (from Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians and married to Paul Simon).  Set in the 1920s and 1940s North Carolina, much of the music was bluegrass and wonderful.  I wasn't as crazy about the story.  They seemed to wrap it up very neatly at the end and it just seemed too neat to me.  It did make me want to seek out venues to listen to live bluegrass music, so that's a good takeaway!
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7094
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/27 10:15:02 (permalink)
The People v. O.J. Simpson continues to exceed expectations.

You, Me, and the Apocalypse was a pleasant diversion and I am looking forward to the final episode.  I'm betting that the girl in the giraffe suit saves the world at the last minute.

I am bitterly disappointed that HBO has cancelled The Brink.  IMHO, it was the funniest show on TV.  Too bad black comedy doesn't have a wide audience.  The Brink was just getting very interesting ... Jihadi's had just gotten their hands on a nuke and had such a joyful, murderous look ... what fun that would have been! 

The Blacklist and The Americans are both getting a bit tedious, but are still worth watching. 
KurtSara
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 186
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/27 11:24:03 (permalink)
just finished every episode of Emergency, watch a lot of M*A*S*H, moving into our toyhauler soon to have house built so will only have over the air channels
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/27 11:46:03 (permalink)
KurtSara
just finished every episode of Emergency

Sounds like you, me, and Billyboy all watch MeTV!

Although lately I've been watching a lot of "Heroes & Icons" so that I can catch every episode of Hunter and my favorites of Hill Street Blues.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 22983
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/27 14:43:02 (permalink)
Right now I'm watching my monitor.
JRPfeff
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5523
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/27 15:48:03 (permalink)
MetroplexJim

The Blacklist and The Americans are both getting a bit tedious, but are still worth watching. 

I enjoyed the first season of The Americans, but during the second I had to stop watching. It became bothersome to watch because it is written so that you pull for the Great Satan to win the Cold War.
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/27 15:54:29 (permalink)
As someone who has neither cable nor satellite TV I can tell you what I'm not watching:

The NCAA men's basketball tournament.  It, the Super Bowl, and the World Series should always be available to all Americans via free TV. 

The person(s) responsible for the Final Four being on TBS should be shot.  A lot.  Like, ventilated Bonnie & Clyde style.
tmiles
Filet Mignon
Re:What are you watching? 2016/03/28 11:11:08 (permalink)
ScreamingChicken
As someone who has neither cable nor satellite TV I can tell you what I'm not watching:

The NCAA men's basketball tournament.  It, the Super Bowl, and the World Series should always be available to all Americans via free TV. 

The person(s) responsible for the Final Four being on TBS should be shot.  A lot.  Like, ventilated Bonnie & Clyde style.

We are excited about Syracuse. Athletes at Div 1 schools typically live apart, but my recent grad niece had a class with one of the players.

As for the "free" TV, I had a very slight relationship with the NCAA over 40 years ago.......I collected tickets for a NCAA game held at my college. Even then, the NCAA was very good at getting every possible dime out of any given game. If they cared that much about Div 3 back then, they now have even more experience at grabbing every dollar possible today.
cavandre
  • Total Posts : 1990
Re:What are you watching? 2016/04/09 21:38:52 (permalink)
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries on PBS...I'm convinced that she's Emma Peel's mum.
Root-Beer Man
  • Total Posts : 1528
Re:What are you watching? 2016/04/09 22:12:59 (permalink)
Foodbme
Root-Beer Man
The Flash
Lucifer
Grimm
The Expanse
Sleepy Hollow
Supergirl
Wicked Tuna

REALLY????????????????" />" />

Yep, really.
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:What are you watching? 2016/04/10 08:55:54 (permalink)
All the Cw DC hero shows, Hawaii 50 and Blue Bloods.
tmiles
Filet Mignon
Re:What are you watching? 2016/04/10 10:23:37 (permalink)
BLACKLIST is back on. The last episode had a lot of "bang , bang, shoot 'em up", but if you missed it, the 30 second update before the next episode will catch you up. They promise that the next one will answer a lot of unanswered questions......I hope so. IMO, the show has jumped the shark, and needs to be brought to a satisfactory conclusion.    But nobody asked me.
BelleReve
Re:What are you watching? 2016/04/19 11:10:22 (permalink)
It's an eclectic mix, but the new season for:
Outlander
Call the Midwife
Dr. Jeff - Rocky Mt. Vet (**note to producers -my neighbor thinks they show too many operations)

Create tv has some interesting travel shows:
Globe Trekker
Islands Without Cars
Journeys to Japan
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6806
Re:What are you watching? 2016/04/19 11:23:49 (permalink)
I just finished watching the 4th season of House of Cards on Netflix. It was better than season 3 but the end was disappointing. I watched the British version which wrapped up in two seasons and keep anticipating this series to end. Also, I bet they wish they had the benefit of this crazy presidential campaign season to adapt into the show that is way more entertaining than House of Cards. 
ThanksfortheCrepes
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 103
Re:What are you watching? 2016/04/23 10:55:31 (permalink)
billyboy
I've been hooked on old Twilight Zone episodes recently.  Love the one with Telly Savalas where he keeps trying to get rid of his step-daughter's doll, Talky Tina, with murderous results.

My girlfriend and I watch MeTV (Memorable Entertainment TV) a lot (Andy Griffith, Perry Mason, All in the Family, The Bob Newhart Show, Cheers and I Love Lucy are just some of what they have on the schedule).  Our favorite though is The Carol Burnett Show.  Watched those as first-run often when I was a kid.  I never found Tim Conway to be particularly funny but I always enjoyed watching Harvey Korman try to keep a straight face in any sketch with him.

I like many of the same programs as @billyboy and his girlfriend enjoy. One of my favorite "Twilight Zone" episodes is "The Hunt" (S3 E19). Back country raccoon hunting and metaphysics, what's not to like? Also "Twilight Zone" S2 E15  "The Invaders". I won't say a word about that one, because there is a very surprising twist at the end, and the entire plot hinges on it. Also in the series is S5 E3 "Nightmare at 20,000 feet", starring a young William Shatner, and S2 E7, "Nick of Time", starring an even younger William Shatner. Also S3 E16 "Nothing in the Dark" is memorable for a young Robert Redford's performance. So many notable episodes in this great series, and you gotta love Rod Serling, who I always thought was Rod Sterling into well into adulthood. 

Some may know I am "Andy Griffith Show" fan, and own many of the episodes, and have seen them so many times. I could be a stand in, because I know most of the lines.

I like "The Carol Burnett Show" too, and have recently become a fan of "Mama's Family", starring Vicki Lawrence, and featuring periodic appearances by Carol, herself. I missed it the first time around, and I thought I would hate "Mama's Family" from the ads for it, but gave it a try, and it's well written and funny.

Ooh! M*A*S*H is another favorite rerun series running on MeTV here. I'm not even usually a comedy fan, but this is so well written and acted.

MeTV ran an ad for itself and was listing what you won't find on there. It started with Kardashians, a bunch of other stuff I don't remember, and also mentioned the series "2 Broke Girls". Well that just turned me off even more than the ads I had seen for the series so, I never started watching it until nothing else was on one night. We only have rabbit ear TV and internet. I think it was toward the end of S4 and I can't remember which episode.

So, given my usual tastes, what I am going to say next may surprise you as much as it did me. I loved "2 Broke Girls" and got addicted. I binge watched the entire series on the internet over time. They are broadcasting S5 now in my area on CBS on Thursdays, and I always make it a point to watch. It's not for prudes or those with kids, I'd say even older ones watching. It is well written, and pay attention, or they will lose you with the rapid fire one-liners. There is sexual innuendo taken to the absolute limit of what the FCC allows, but I'm okay with that. You may not be.

Besides being a raunchy comedy, "2 Broke Girls" is also a story about a couple of single chicks trying to wrest a living from a very hard city for all but the elite. It can even be poignant at times and has drawn a tear or two from me, once I got to know the characters.

I also loved the "Under the Dome" series also aired on CBS locally and inspired by the author Stephen King. I loved the book, and the series is mostly different, but I'm okay with that too. Both are very good. It was filmed right here in my home state, and also probably killed by North Carolina through politics.

I also love "All in the Family", but it runs on Antennae TV here rather than MeTV.

I love movies and own hundreds on DVD and close to a hundred on VHS tape. When it rains or even gets windy when it is clear here, the new fangled digital TV reception is abysmal. 

Some of my favorite movies are Stephen King's mini-series "The Stand", "Jason and the Argonauts", "Deliverance", "Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors", "The Silence of the Lambs", "The Grapes of Wrath", "Desperation" (another S. King mini-series), "The Mist" (based on a King book, which I haven't had the pleasure of reading), "Point Break" 1991, "Carny" 1980 with young Jodie Foster and Gary Busey, "Blindness" starring Julianne Moore, "Midnight Cowboy", "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken", "Stranger Than Fiction", "Chiefs" the 1983 mini-series, and I also own the books, "The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course" with the late Steve Irwin, "Marie Antoinette" 2006 with Kirsten Dunst, "Wild at Heart", "The Butcher's Wife", "The Stepford Wives" the original from 1975, "Flatliners", "Seven", "Pay it Forward", "The Incredible Shrinking Man" 1957, "Crazy in Alabama", "The Seventh Stream", "Gattaca", "They Live", "The Gift", "Freaks" 1932, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", "Silent Running",  and a ton of others.

I will stop now, and I am sure most of you are grateful. 

I listed the movies that are most memorable to me, and not the ones I would rate the highest for artistic merit.

ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re:What are you watching? 2016/06/30 23:19:57 (permalink)
Our local PBS station is once again broadcasting the 13 episodes of Mr. & Mrs. Murder, an Australian series from 3 years ago.  We like it but apparently headliner Shaun Micallef essentially pulled the plug after season 1; it's too bad it didn't work out.
mar52
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11897
Re:What are you watching? 2016/06/30 23:45:56 (permalink)
Don't laugh in disgust. 

Ten minutes to Big Brother!

Watching Life in Pieces at the moment.  It's clever occasionally.  Tonight wasn't one of the occasions.
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:What are you watching? 2016/07/01 00:41:12 (permalink)
Houdini and Doyle.....and reruns of the Roy Rogers Show, to relive my childhood!
BelleReve
Re:What are you watching? 2016/07/01 12:07:14 (permalink)
starts today, "Christmas in July," every July to promote their 2016 Christmas ornaments, the Hallmark Channel shows Christmas movies, which I'm a sucker for.
travel shows: Rick Steves, Rudy Maxa, Dream of Italy
The Greeks
Antiques Road Show, Geneaology Roadshow, Jimmy Fallon, Charlie Rose, NOVA
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7094
Re:What are you watching? 2016/07/01 12:16:45 (permalink)
I'm looking forward to the next season of Tyrant
It begins in a few days on FX.

HBO really disappointed me by not renewing The Brink.
It was the funniest show on TV. 
I guess I have a warped sense of humor.

ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re:What are you watching? 2016/07/01 12:56:47 (permalink)
mar52
Watching Life in Pieces at the moment.  It's clever occasionally.  Tonight wasn't one of the occasions.

I saw a few weeks back that it's been renewed for the upcoming season.  Which episode were you watching?  I thought most of them were pretty good.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 12
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5