Hot!What happened to the grated Kraft orange colored cheese????

Author
Cindybug
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 14
2010/03/02 13:54:16 (permalink)

What happened to the grated Kraft orange colored cheese????

Does anybody remember the kraft grated cheese when it used to be orange? Instead of being in a plastic container like it is now it was in more of a cardboard skinnier tube like container and the "cheese" product was very fine and bright orange.  You sprinkled it on your spaghetti and whatever. I'd totally forgotten about it until a friend mentioned it the other day, you can't find it anymore, it just comes in the Parmesan flavors.
thanks!

6 Replies Related Threads

6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:What happened to the grated Kraft orange colored cheese???? 2010/03/02 14:40:35 (permalink)
    David_NYC
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2182
    Re:What happened to the grated Kraft orange colored cheese???? 2010/03/02 19:14:08 (permalink)
    I found this list of ingredients for the contents of the old "Kraft Grated American Cheese Food" containers:
    Sharp cheddar cheese aged over 60 days (milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes), skim milk, whey, salt, sodium phosphate, yellow 5 (color), lactic acid, red 40 (color).

Contrast that list with what Kraft makes their powder out of today:
    http://store.firehousepantrystore.com/herbs-and-spices-flavored-powders-and-misc--ingredients-cheddar-cheese-powder.html

AFAIK, Kraft replaced the product with cheaper-to-produce dairy muck.
    stricken_detective
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2745
    Re:What happened to the grated Kraft orange colored cheese???? 2010/03/04 02:48:41 (permalink)
    We have it at the grocery store here, but I wouldn't put it on spaghetti.
    enginecapt
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3486
    Re:What happened to the grated Kraft orange colored cheese???? 2010/03/04 03:28:17 (permalink)
    Great on garlic toast.
    jimnasium
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:What happened to the grated Kraft orange colored cheese???? 2017/08/28 18:55:44 (permalink)
    David_NYC
    I found this list of ingredients for the contents of the old "Kraft Grated American Cheese Food" containers:
    Sharp cheddar cheese aged over 60 days (milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes), skim milk, whey, salt, sodium phosphate, yellow 5 (color), lactic acid, red 40 (color).

Contrast that list with what Kraft makes their powder out of today:

AFAIK, Kraft replaced the product with cheaper-to-produce dairy muck.

I have a theory that, ever since Trans Fats were banned in foods, many foods no longer taste good or as good as they once did.

I noticed particularly American cheese single slices (which I used to be able to eat melted, as a snack) now taste terrible. Only melted and mixed with other foods will the American slices even taste tolerable. The same is also true of Kraft Velveeta, which used to have its own distinctive flavor anyway, but now just terrible-tasting like all the other cheeses.

I also noticed cottage cheese and some yogurts are thinner, more watered down.

I think the "food police" should be banned, not the food.

And has anyone also noticed the obesity rates have actually increased since the banning of trans fats that was supposed to make human beings healthier? So what's up with that?
    MilwFoodlovers
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3466
    Re:What happened to the grated Kraft orange colored cheese???? 2017/08/29 08:00:06 (permalink)
    "I think the "food police" should be banned, not the food." 
    Opinions. One of 2 things everyone has. 
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5