What happened to the short fiction website?......and how it applies to Roadfood

Author
tmiles
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2578
2016/03/13 10:23:32 (permalink)

What happened to the short fiction website?......and how it applies to Roadfood

I have enjoyed posting at www.short-fiction.co.uk for several years. I have had modest success over the years selling non fiction, but have never sold a fiction story. The Short Fiction site doesn't pay, but they publish just about all submissions based on very reasonable rules. There is some really good stuff there, some real junk, and a lot of average stuff from wannabes like myself. They seem to have gone out of biz, as the site now redirects to a page of ads.

One might reasonably ask what this has to do with roadfood .com. Like shortfiction, roadfood is a member content, advertiser supported site. Roadfood has better ads, and I often click through, not just to support RF, but because some are really good ads. When you support RF advertisers, you are supporting this site.
post edited by tmiles - 2016/03/14 10:25:22

5 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 11954
    Re: What happened to the short fiction website?......and how it applies to Roadfood 2016/03/14 00:44:54 (permalink)
    It wasn't too long ago that there were no ads on Roadfood. Now look!
    HJ1947
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: What happened to the short fiction website?......and how it applies to Roadfood 2016/03/15 10:28:22 (permalink)
    tmiles, I don't recall you on the writers forum. Do you really know what happened, or is it a guess?
    tmiles
    Filet Mignon
    Re: What happened to the short fiction website?......and how it applies to Roadfood 2016/03/25 18:41:06 (permalink)
    Short-fiction is working again, but that is not the reason for posting....
    Speaking of ads, a company called reimage is advertising on RF. They have a "free" cleanup tool that we can download. Has anyone done so??? Can it be trusted? Thanks. And BTW, I didn't reply to the above post, it being from a 1st time (and only) poster. He/she could have PMed me but did not.

Update.....5-29-17
    The Short Fiction site seems to be gone for good. In a search for it via Google, this post now comes up as number 3. I guess other people are looking too. I have started a story on the Booksie site (a rewrite of one that was on Short Fiction), but it is hard to get excited about building a group of followers again.
    post edited by tmiles - 2017/05/29 10:13:52
    Limes
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re: What happened to the short fiction website?......and how it applies to Roadfood 2017/10/30 17:10:05 (permalink)
    I signed-up because I discovered your website and this thread when searching what happened to the Short Fiction website. It's really sad that it simply disappeared several months ago - not a trace to be found. I have since relocated to noveltrove.com, which is a similar site, albeit only for erotic fiction, but I wonder if it will meet the same fate one day.
    post edited by Limes - 2017/10/30 17:11:08
    tmiles
    Filet Mignon
    Re: What happened to the short fiction website?......and how it applies to Roadfood 2017/11/19 11:55:24 (permalink)
    Limes
    I signed-up because I discovered your website and this thread when searching what happened to the Short Fiction website. It's really sad that it simply disappeared several months ago - not a trace to be found. I have since relocated to noveltrove.com, which is a similar site, albeit only for erotic fiction, but I wonder if it will meet the same fate one day.

NOT Spam! The site he/she mentions is real, and as mentioned, mostly erotic. I don't write that stuff, but I can only hope that they start doing SciFi as well. (I write on Booksie, now, but have not had time recently) My clue that this was a serious post is that Limes came back to edit it. Perhaps if he/she comes back again, she/he can comment on  Waffle House.
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5