Helpful ReplyHot!What to feed Chinese teen-age girls?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4219
Re: What to feed Chinese teen-age girls? 2018/02/01 14:31:30 (permalink)
No,  unfortunately, we do not get that .
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re: What to feed Chinese teen-age girls? 2018/02/11 14:57:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joerogo 2018/02/25 17:07:18
 Well, the girls have left and we all agreed that it was a wonderful experience , both for them and for us. We learned a lot from them.  The most surprising thing was, in the area that they live in, rice is not as important as noodles. They eat lots of noodles and dumplings

Neither girl ate breakfast and said that they do not eat breakfast at home.  Also, neither one drank tea.  They drank hot water in the morning and warm water for all other meals.

They seemed to enjoy our food very much.  For one dinner, I served roast chicken and a roasted vegetable dish.  Both girls took small servings of chicken but ate many of the vegetables which they said were "so pretty". I had 3 different colored baby potatoes and 4 different colored peppers in the dish. Another meal that they really liked was Sunday sauce with all the different meats in it.  They liked the hot Italian sausage very much.  When we had shrimp and grits, I noticed that neither of them put the shrimp mixture on their grits. They also enjoyed the tossed salads that we had.

When they went shopping at the mall, they had lunch at the food court.  Both of them had cheese steak subs.  One evening before my grandson's wrestling event, my son took them out for a quick meal near the school and they went to Chick Fi A.  There were very happy with the chicken sandwiches,  French fries and milk shakes.  We took them to our favorite pub one night.........................Giant TV's everywhere you look. Helen had the fish and chips, as I did, and Liz had a hot pastrami sandwich, which she loved! 

For our Super Bowl party this year, we had the kid's friends over. I explained to the girls that we always serve food that is popular in the area that the teams are from.  Our main foods were hot dogs and baked beans and roast pork and rabe. Our Chinese guests were thrilled to hear that they would be having American hot dogs!  We never have soda in the house except for a party.  The girls were interested in the different kinds of soda we were having.  The coke and the orange soda went over well, but they absolutely hated root beer.  They said it tasted like an evil medicine!  After that all the other kids decided to drink lots of root beer.

Observations  that the Chinese girls made about life here.  They were surprised that we lived in such a secluded area (all the lots in this development are 3 1/2 to 4 acres).  The could not believe how quiet it was.  They loved seeing deer walking around our driveway each morning.  A 30 mile bus ride to my grandson's school was a whole new experience for them.  It was hard for them to understand, with us having 4 TV's in our house, that no one ever watched TV.  One girl told us that her parent's hobby was watching TV They were amazed at how sports minded our kids were.  They loved watching my grandson wrestle and loved going to watch my granddaughter play lacrosse and see her at her cheerleader practice.  They were impressed with how far that we had to drive for different sport activities.

Their two favorite things that they did here was to visit the aquarium in Baltimore and to take a tour of the US Naval Academy.  They were thrilled to meet my granddaughter who attends there and called her brilliant, beautiful, and their new idol The gifts that they purchased to take home were small  state of Maryland flags and lots of Maryland stickers and maps of the USA!

post edited by Greymo - 2018/02/11 16:05:15
Wintahaba
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 779
Re: What to feed Chinese teen-age girls? 2018/02/11 15:21:40 (permalink)
Sounds like they had a wonderful time and that you were an amazing host family. Kudos.
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9206
Re: What to feed Chinese teen-age girls? 2018/02/11 15:53:30 (permalink)
What an experience all the way around!
IndianaPete
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 195
Re: What to feed Chinese teen-age girls? 2018/02/11 19:56:58 (permalink)
WOW   thanks for sharing.
mar52
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11709
Re: What to feed Chinese teen-age girls? 2018/02/12 00:20:21 (permalink)
What a great time for you and your visitors.   Thanks for sharing your journeys.
ann peeples
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10334
Re: What to feed Chinese teen-age girls? 2018/02/12 11:50:46 (permalink)
Thanks for sharing the experience you shared with the girls, Greymo!
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re: What to feed Chinese teen-age girls? 2018/02/23 12:58:33 (permalink)
Helen, one of our Chinese girls  just sent pictures of her New Years feast.  I could not believe it.  There were 18 different dishes on the table, plus small bowls of dipping sauces!  It was incredible looking. I could recognize just a few of the dishes.  Also, sent pictures of the way their entrance door and their two main windows were decorated and all were so beautiful.  It made me realize just how important New Years is to them.

I will ask my daughter in law if she can post them for all of you to see.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5