What would you name your own restaurant?

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 23304
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/07/18 16:26:47 (permalink)
Whoa! I made Cheeseburger.
Tommy B
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 144
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/07/18 17:35:54 (permalink)
I just want to thank everyone for their ideas !!! Thank you !
Howard Baratz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 450
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/07/19 16:19:00 (permalink)
How about a restaurant looking to attract a Generation X clientele, called simply, Food....Dude.

Unfortunately, I fear that someone unhappily waiting too long for their meal might be compelled to scream at the waiter, "Dude, Where's My Food?"
ConeyIslandLou
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 779
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/07/19 16:38:45 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy B

Many many people dream of opening their own place. What would you name your own place? My love of the philly cheesesteak convinced me to develop a restaurant concept that can be licensed to others.
I have federally registered the trademark and slogan for my concept.
TOMMY B'S PHILLY CHEESE ("So Delicious ... It Rhymes!")

My menu is simple: "Philly Cheese" which is a genuine south philly cheese steak, made with rib eye steak, onion, amoroso rolls, and of course the choice of white american, provolone or cheese wiz.
the "Tommy Junior" is the child's version of the cheese steak.
"Tommy Taters" are delicious thin cut, skin on french fries.
"Tommy B's Chocolate Freeze" is an ice cold chocolate shake, not too thick, that goes down perfectly with a "Philly Cheese".
The combo of a cheese steak and chocolate freeze is ordered by saying " GIMMEE A CHEESE AND A FREEZE ! "

Anyway, Tommy B's Philly Cheese launches on Tuesday Sept. 30th...

Another concept that I worked on years ago, was for a Rib joint,
that we were going to name "The HOG BONE SALOON", and boy we were going to have some wonderful Ribs...or, Hog Bones!

What would you name your own restaurant? Thanks for sharing!

Tommy B

MUST ask Tommy- Coke/Pepsi? Best of Luck!!
Texicana
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 185
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/07/19 20:29:01 (permalink)
I'm actually thinking of going into partnership with a friend and buy up this old mexican place that has been in business for 35 years in Portsmouth Ohio, called El Sombrero. Although if I had my way I'd change it to Texicana's
EdSails
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4581
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/07/21 12:38:22 (permalink)
Ok---------got my one! I'd open a seafood restaurant-----and call it the "Prawn Shop".
Howard Baratz
Cheeseburger
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/07/21 20:06:32 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by EdSails

Ok---------got my one! I'd open a seafood restaurant-----and call it the "Prawn Shop".

Ed,

That's a shrimply ridiculous idea.
Tommy B
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 144
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/07/22 07:19:48 (permalink)
Hello ConeyIslandLou, good question about which cola. Well, for starters, I'm going to feature a line of bottled soft drinks from a company called "Hank's Premium Philadelphia Root Beer"

http://www.hanks-rootbeer.com/

When it comes to the cola wars, to be completely honest with you, I'm not sure. I do suppose without a cola my customers would be disappointed, so..... any thoughts?

Tommy B
ConeyIslandLou
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 779
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/07/22 09:38:41 (permalink)
Tommy- as I have stated in other threads, it has always been my personal belief that Coke goes much,much better with most types of Roadfood-there was never an ad campaign that hit the nail more squarely on the head than the classic [excuse the pun] 'Things go better with Coke ' business from the 60s ..the slightly higher acidic content in Coke might have something to do with it,as does Coke's VERY slight tinge of orange in the 'secret' formula -something to try someday is to throw in a SPLASH of either orange soda or orange drink next time you have a Coke where they provide you with a beverage bar-absolutely enhances the Coke flavor,and makes for a VERY refreshing drink..[Hi-C or Fanta orange,both made by Coca Cola,work the best! LOL]I am STILL stumped why the dummies down in Atlanta havent tried THAT particular combination in a flavor test;I think a Coca Cola Orange would CLOBBER in the market..oh well..but to get back to the Coke/Pepsi thing: I also believe that Pepsi's sweetness works against it in the fountain biz,as it is much easier to ruin the taste when it is used as a fountain drink-the water/syrup/CO2 balance has to be DEAD on,or it either gets WAY too sweet to drink with food,or way too thin,especially when diluted with ice....whereas a heavier Coke mix actually helps it sometimes,and a thinner mix is still OK,and it still works with food... Not to mention that Coke freaks are much more likely to shun a place if it doesnt serve Coke than the same deal with Pepsi-when Pepsi bought KFC,and got rid of the Coke,it absolutely had an impact on sales in certain parts of the country. If you get TOO confused about all of this-just go with the salesman that offers more perks!
improviser
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 869
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/10/03 01:00:50 (permalink)
I love movies. Love them, love them, love them. I've always dreamed of opening my own movie theater. It would be modeled after the Terrace in James Island, SC and the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, TX. Food would be served, roadhouse food: wings, burgers, ribs. Desserts would be heavenly. Beers from many lands would be featured on tap. Onscreen, everything from Hitchcock to Japanese Samurai movies to silent films would be played. I'm also a huge Tom Waits fan. So my theater would be named in honor of him. The Raindog.

One day, some day.
Kristi S.
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 712
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/10/03 08:47:14 (permalink)
Until about two years ago, there was a beautiful (to me) closed-up little diner right across the street from the police station and two blocks from the ballpark. For years I fantasized about raking up enough cash to buy this poor darling. I even doodled would-be menu items on a pad, came up with the name "The Dugout Diner" (hence its proximity to the ballpark), and dreamed of all the hard-earned dollars the local fuzz would drop on salisbury steak and Jersey-style frankfurter platters and crullers with coffee.

I called the county to get the deal on the place: Manufactured by Mountain View, it was built in 1954, had all of its appliances (minus booths and counter seats) and was dirt cheap, apparently...but not cheap enough that I could truly afford it. My heart broke one day, after I had moved back from up North (where diners are common), and saw a patch of dirt where the diner had once been. No one, apparently, had the foresight to see it for what it could have been, and the owners demolished it. RIP, little Dugout Diner!
M&M
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 106
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/10/03 10:04:03 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

Oh, I forgot, I always wanted to have a place called Michael's Sushi and Bait Shop.

Whoops! Make that Michael's Bait Shop and Sushi Bar.

There is a restaurant/bar/music venue in New Orleans called Live Bait. It's out on River Road and sits at the foot of the levee. Looks as though it was, indeed, at one time a bait shop.Heard John Mooney there a couple of years ago. Good music, food was so-so.
Howard Baratz
Cheeseburger
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/10/03 12:12:58 (permalink)
If my fantasy ever came true and I opened a restaurant in my favorite place, it would have to be called:

Howie's on Maui

chezkatie
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1331
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/10/03 15:55:26 (permalink)
I would stop in a minute if I saw a place named "Chowhound's Cafe"! I know that I would meet the nicest people in the world there and have a great meal!
RubyRose
  • Total Posts : 2189
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/10/03 17:19:24 (permalink)
What else could I call it but "RubyRose's"?
jvsmom
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 462
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/10/03 18:04:19 (permalink)
I had a dream a few weeks ago that I opened a tea shop (something I've wanted to do since attending Mary Poppins' Practically Perfect Tea with my daughters at Disneyland) and called it "We Do Tea" and then a second one called "We Do Tea, Too." (Looks dumb, but has a cute ring to it when you say it.)

I've also thought of opening a restaurant called Prisken's (which is a combination of my husband's and my first names) or "Juskelliveth", which is a combination of my 4 children's names. But that's too much of a mouthful, I think.
JaneDough
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 127
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/05 22:01:57 (permalink)
My nieces & nephews (they're like my own kids) have always been favored w/ my baked treats, and suggested I open a bake shop called JanieCakes, or maybe See Jane Bake, my personal fave, envisioning an open kitchen, or maybe a decorating station in the shop window, encouraging curious passers-by to stop in... dream on, JaneDough... (another name I've thought of). One of the boys actually plans to become an architect so he can design my shop for me! Is that sweet, or what?!?
b-n-kchefservice
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 69
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/06 01:35:53 (permalink)
when I get the cash up to move forward I am opening a sports bar type joit that is going to specializes in all kinds of hot dogs and really good beer and call it "frank-n-steins". many people love the idea but no one with money so the idea is still just a "great" idea.
Donna Douglass
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 508
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/06 04:17:02 (permalink)
My daydream is of a little breakfast/lunch place and call it "Chat 'n Chew."

Donna
CheeseWit
  • Total Posts : 1416
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/06 06:13:52 (permalink)
Years ago, there was a steak sandwich shop called "The Chat and Chew". I thought it was funny seeing that name again.
Route 11
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 806
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/06 11:14:42 (permalink)
Okay, so McDonaldses isn't such a great idea.

How about a drive-in called "From Justin to Kelly"?

Or a restaurant near a police station called "Law & Order Some Lunch, Please (and yes we do have donuts)"?

Or "Law & Order: MPG"?
Grampy
  • Total Posts : 1559
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/06 11:19:08 (permalink)
When I was living in France, I wanted to open an ice-cream shop on Rue St. Jacques called Frappe la Rue Jacques -- Or Hit the Road Jack.

My absoulute favorite was suggested by my wife. I offer it here with apologies. It's a vegetarian feminist restaurant -- Vegina.
Spudnut
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 655
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/06 11:20:59 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Donna Douglass

My daydream is of a little breakfast/lunch place and call it "Chat 'n Chew."

Donna

If you ever visit Manhattan, Donna, you can visit an existing Chat 'n Chew on 16th Street, off of 5th Avenue. Mac and cheese, faux-Southern food, etc. Basically, New Yorkers' idea of how "the rest of the country eats." Which we could use a little more of here, in my opinion. Of course, New York doesn't know how to do that without irony or a smirk, unfortunately.
Edwaste
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 168
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/06 12:00:33 (permalink)
As a tribute to the great composer Hasil Atkins, I would open a chicken joint and call it "Poultry in Motion"
Grampy
  • Total Posts : 1559
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/06 12:40:35 (permalink)
Tribute to Janis Joplin: Pizza My Heart?
dendan
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 479
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/06 17:39:08 (permalink)
Have to be "Dan's Den"
peppertree
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 312
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/06 19:58:19 (permalink)
Though my name is Steven and I am not Italian and in Texas, I would call it

Tony's Real New York Pizza.
peppertree
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 312
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/06 20:01:44 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy B

Many many people dream of opening their own place. What would you name your own place? My love of the philly cheesesteak convinced me to develop a restaurant concept that can be licensed to others.
I have federally registered the trademark and slogan for my concept.
TOMMY B'S PHILLY CHEESE ("So Delicious ... It Rhymes!")

My menu is simple: "Philly Cheese" which is a genuine south philly cheese steak, made with rib eye steak, onion, amoroso rolls, and of course the choice of white american, provolone or cheese wiz.
the "Tommy Junior" is the child's version of the cheese steak.
"Tommy Taters" are delicious thin cut, skin on french fries.
"Tommy B's Chocolate Freeze" is an ice cold chocolate shake, not too thick, that goes down perfectly with a "Philly Cheese".
The combo of a cheese steak and chocolate freeze is ordered by saying " GIMMEE A CHEESE AND A FREEZE ! "

Anyway, Tommy B's Philly Cheese launches on Tuesday Sept. 30th...

Another concept that I worked on years ago, was for a Rib joint,
that we were going to name "The HOG BONE SALOON", and boy we were going to have some wonderful Ribs...or, Hog Bones!

What would you name your own restaurant? Thanks for sharing!

Tommy B

Why does no one ever use mozzerela cheese on steaks? I was a six year resident of Philadelphia.
BigGlenn
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 461
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/06 22:29:00 (permalink)
"White Man Can't Cook.....Soulfood!" I just love southern food, it's what I ate growing up. Kinda a take off of the movie as well. "White Man Can't Jump." Hey don't anybody get the ideal to use it, Because I Copyrighted It! LOL Just in case I ever want to open one.
BigGlenn
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 461
RE: What would you name your own restaurant? 2003/12/06 23:13:09 (permalink)
One More.......Here in California......."Shake And Bake" The Drinks could be called "Aftershocks!" The Commercial would read something like this, """If You Don't Like Our Food Then Its Andreas Fault!""" Get it? LOL You can call in orders on our "Fault Line!" Be sure you use our Salt and Pepper "Shakers" Or maybe order a Chocolate "Shake" I could go on but I won't.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5