Helpful ReplyWhat's sooo bad about Waffle House

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 11
Author
kensandyeggo
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 567
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/08/30 23:20:52 (permalink)
Passed by the Charlotte unit on South Blvd. and the place is still closed. Once you're shut down here, it's not just a matter of sweeping the floor and washing the windows. They put them through the wringer to re-open if they have shut you down. They treat it like a new opening from what I've read here.
desertdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1946
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/08/31 00:08:58 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Ashphalt

We don't have Waffle House up here in the North, and I guess they're about as likely to move up here as the Carnegie Deli is to open in Little Rock, but I appreciate Mr. King posting the menu.

What's so bad about Waffle House? I can't speak for the food, service, or cleanliness but that kaleidoscopic Disney-colored train wreck of a menu would put me off breakfast for a while.

Speaking of Little Rock, there is a Waffle House out next to the airport where I grabbed a very satisfying breakfast back in May.

As far as having them up north, I must assume that there are none in Minnesota, because when my brother comes down every winter from Red Wing, he and his buddies make a bee-line to the closest Phoenix area Waffle House before hitting the links...it's like a tradition or something... and they eat like there is no tomorrow.

Anyway, for good waffles, my current local locale would be Lo-Lo's Chicken and Waffles....damn fine food.

DD
Quartz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 153
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/08/31 00:34:33 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by desertdog

quote:

We don't have Waffle House up here in the North, and I guess they're about as likely to move up here as the Carnegie Deli is to open in Little Rock, but I appreciate Mr. King posting the menu.

What's so bad about Waffle House? I can't speak for the food, service, or cleanliness but that kaleidoscopic Disney-colored train wreck of a menu would put me off breakfast for a while.

Speaking of Little Rock, there is a Waffle House out next to the airport where I grabbed a very satisfying breakfast back in May.

As far as having them up north, I must assume that there are none in Minnesota, because when my brother comes down every winter from Red Wing, he and his buddies make a bee-line to the closest Phoenix area Waffle House before hitting the links...it's like a tradition or something... and they eat like there is no tomorrow.

Anyway, for good waffles, my current local locale would be Lo-Lo's Chicken and Waffles....damn fine food.

DD

Some say it's because they're Imtimidated from the Coney Islands, Big Boys, Denny's, and IHOP's.

It's just an Urban Legend Though.
cancel
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 448
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/02 20:15:53 (permalink)
They may still be there, but back in the 80's, they had a Waffle House at both the east and west exits off I-77, about an exit north of the I-77.85 interchange. Both did a big business.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11954
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/03 02:53:21 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Quartz

quote:

quote:

DD

Some say it's because they're Imtimidated from the Coney Islands, Big Boys, Denny's, and IHOP's.

I am a WH Gold Card Holder and held my Wedding Reception there!
WH will never be intimidated by other chains. They OWN the Waffle World among others.
Since 1955, the WAFFLE HOUSE System has served:

495,264,367 Waffles
957,041,599 Cups of Coffee
1,173,838,328 Hashbrown Orders
370,545,935 Sausage Patties
786,449,152 Bacon Strips
14,899,594 Slices of Ham
1,527,602,959 Eggs
22,217,455 Slices of Pie
123,587,123 T-bone Steaks
115,220,427 Hamburger Quarters
479,312,699 Glasses of Coke®
1,108,574,633 Order of Grits
72,567,509 Cheese n' Eggs
204,164,660 Omelets

Did you Know?

If you lay all of the Bryan bacon end-to-end that Waffle House serves in a year, it will stretch from Atlanta to Los Angeles seven times! (That's more than 21,000 miles of bacon)
If you could stack all of the sausage patties we serve in one day, it would reach the TOP of the Empire State Building! (Did you want grits with that?)
Waffle House serves more than 3.2 million pounds of grits each year. That is enough to fill 86 semi-trucks!
Each year Waffle House customers eat more than 334,000 pounds of pecans in their waffles. That is more than 21 million pecans.
Waffle House customers consume two percent of the total eggs produced in the United States for foodservice use. That is more than 185,000,000 eggs every year, 500,000 eggs everyday, 20,833 eggs every hour, 347 eggs every minute and five eggs every second.
If you used all of the eggs Waffle House serves in a year to make a cheese omelet, it would weigh 28 tons and would need 185 million slices of cheese. (Do you want hashbrowns with that?)
If you lined up all the bowls of Bert's Chili® Waffle House serves in a year, it would stretch the length of Florida's coastline on both the Atlantic and the Gulf coasts!
Waffle House serves more than 10,000 T-bone steaks every day.
If you stack all of the USDA Choice hamburger patties Waffle House serves in a year, it would equal the height of 18 Mount Everests!
Waffle House serves more than 381 tons of country ham every year. That translates to more weight than a fully-loaded Boeing 747 at takeoff.
- The first Waffle House® restaurant opened on Labor Day in 1955 in Avondale Estates, GA.

- The Waffle House System operates more than 1,500 restaurants in 25 states.

- Waffle House® restaurants are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (including Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day).

FOOD FACTS
The Waffle House System is the world's leading server of:
- waffles
- T-bone steaks
- omelets
- cheese 'n eggs
- USDA Choice hamburgers
- country ham
- pork chops
- grits
- hashbrowns
- patty melts
- raisin toast
- apple butter
- Heinz Traditional Steak Sauce
The Waffle House System only serves the best brands including:
- Coca-Cola soft drinks
- Heinz complete line of sauces
- Sara Lee family of pork products
- Bryan bacon, ham and country ham
- Jimmy Dean Sausage
- Minute Maid Orange Juice
- Wishbone salad dressings
- Waffle House Classic Blend Coffee
- Waffles made with White Lily Flour

- Challenged to a test, Waffle House® restaurants have found at least 70,778,880 different ways to prepare its USDA Choice hamburgers.

- The Waffle House System has served more than 442,451,500 waffles (and counting!) since 1955.

- Waffle House® restaurants serve more than 95 million cups of coffee each year.

THE WAFFLE HOUSE EXPERIENCE
- Waffle House® restaurants are the only place where you can hear classic waffle songs "Good Food Fast," "Waffle Doo Wop" and "Waffle House Family" on a real jukebox.

- Although there is one "official" Web site, an Internet search turns up more than 2,200 Web sites that mention Waffle House® restaurants. Waffle House® restaurants ranked in the "Top Five" of "Around the Clock Eats" on the Food Network.

- Bert's Chili® and our world famous hashbrowns were featured on "Sara's Secrets" on the Food Network.

- Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Ron White and Larry the Cable Guy are seen eating at a Waffle House® restaurant in their 2003 movie, Blue Collar Comedy Tour - The Movie.

- A Waffle House® restaurant is featured in a scene in the 2002 Britney Spears movie "Crossroads."

- The R & B group "112" filmed their "It's Over Now" video at a Snellville, GA, Waffle House® restaurant.

- Hootie and the Blowfish released a CD in 2000 entitled: "Scattered, Smothered & Covered" and pictured a Waffle House® restaurant on the cover.

- After enjoying a meal at a Destin, FL., Waffle House® restaurant, TV talk show host Rosie O'Donnell flew a grill operator and two salespeople to New York to be on her show in December 2000. They presented her a "Waffles for Life" certificate.

- A Waffle House® restaurant is prominently featured in a scene of "Tin Cup," a feature film starring Kevin Costner.

- A sampling of the many other celebrities seen eating in a Waffle House® restaurant:

- Former President George Bush
- Kenny Chesney
- Sean "P. Diddy" Combs
- Jeff Foxworthy
- Vince Gill
- Amy Grant
- Merle Haggard
- Faith Hill
- Beyonce Knowles
- Ludacris
- LeAnne Rimes
- Pete Sampras
- Emmitt Smith
- Marty Stuart
- Billy Bob Thornton
- David Toms
- Usher
- Mark Wills
- Reese Witherspoon
- Jay-Z

Foodbme
Porterhouse
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/03 03:04:58 (permalink)
LABOR DAY MARKS THE 52ND ANNIVERSARY OF THE WAFFLE HOUSE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY WH!!!
MrKing.net
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 84
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/03 21:52:34 (permalink)
Happy Birthday Waffle House!!
Quartz
Cheeseburger
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/03 21:56:37 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Foodbme

quote:

quote:

quote:

DD

I am a WH Gold Card Holder and held my Wedding Reception there!
WH will never be intimidated by other chains. They OWN the Waffle World among others.
Since 1955, the WAFFLE HOUSE System has served:

495,264,367 Waffles
957,041,599 Cups of Coffee
1,173,838,328 Hashbrown Orders
370,545,935 Sausage Patties
786,449,152 Bacon Strips
14,899,594 Slices of Ham
1,527,602,959 Eggs
22,217,455 Slices of Pie
123,587,123 T-bone Steaks
115,220,427 Hamburger Quarters
479,312,699 Glasses of Coke®
1,108,574,633 Order of Grits
72,567,509 Cheese n' Eggs
204,164,660 Omelets

Did you Know?

If you lay all of the Bryan bacon end-to-end that Waffle House serves in a year, it will stretch from Atlanta to Los Angeles seven times! (That's more than 21,000 miles of bacon)
If you could stack all of the sausage patties we serve in one day, it would reach the TOP of the Empire State Building! (Did you want grits with that?)
Waffle House serves more than 3.2 million pounds of grits each year. That is enough to fill 86 semi-trucks!
Each year Waffle House customers eat more than 334,000 pounds of pecans in their waffles. That is more than 21 million pecans.
Waffle House customers consume two percent of the total eggs produced in the United States for foodservice use. That is more than 185,000,000 eggs every year, 500,000 eggs everyday, 20,833 eggs every hour, 347 eggs every minute and five eggs every second.
If you used all of the eggs Waffle House serves in a year to make a cheese omelet, it would weigh 28 tons and would need 185 million slices of cheese. (Do you want hashbrowns with that?)
If you lined up all the bowls of Bert's Chili® Waffle House serves in a year, it would stretch the length of Florida's coastline on both the Atlantic and the Gulf coasts!
Waffle House serves more than 10,000 T-bone steaks every day.
If you stack all of the USDA Choice hamburger patties Waffle House serves in a year, it would equal the height of 18 Mount Everests!
Waffle House serves more than 381 tons of country ham every year. That translates to more weight than a fully-loaded Boeing 747 at takeoff.
- The first Waffle House® restaurant opened on Labor Day in 1955 in Avondale Estates, GA.

- The Waffle House System operates more than 1,500 restaurants in 25 states.

- Waffle House® restaurants are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (including Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day).

FOOD FACTS
The Waffle House System is the world's leading server of:
- waffles
- T-bone steaks
- omelets
- cheese 'n eggs
- USDA Choice hamburgers
- country ham
- pork chops
- grits
- hashbrowns
- patty melts
- raisin toast
- apple butter
- Heinz Traditional Steak Sauce
The Waffle House System only serves the best brands including:
- Coca-Cola soft drinks
- Heinz complete line of sauces
- Sara Lee family of pork products
- Bryan bacon, ham and country ham
- Jimmy Dean Sausage
- Minute Maid Orange Juice
- Wishbone salad dressings
- Waffle House Classic Blend Coffee
- Waffles made with White Lily Flour

- Challenged to a test, Waffle House® restaurants have found at least 70,778,880 different ways to prepare its USDA Choice hamburgers.

- The Waffle House System has served more than 442,451,500 waffles (and counting!) since 1955.

- Waffle House® restaurants serve more than 95 million cups of coffee each year.

THE WAFFLE HOUSE EXPERIENCE
- Waffle House® restaurants are the only place where you can hear classic waffle songs "Good Food Fast," "Waffle Doo Wop" and "Waffle House Family" on a real jukebox.

- Although there is one "official" Web site, an Internet search turns up more than 2,200 Web sites that mention Waffle House® restaurants. Waffle House® restaurants ranked in the "Top Five" of "Around the Clock Eats" on the Food Network.

- Bert's Chili® and our world famous hashbrowns were featured on "Sara's Secrets" on the Food Network.

- Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Ron White and Larry the Cable Guy are seen eating at a Waffle House® restaurant in their 2003 movie, Blue Collar Comedy Tour - The Movie.

- A Waffle House® restaurant is featured in a scene in the 2002 Britney Spears movie "Crossroads."

- The R & B group "112" filmed their "It's Over Now" video at a Snellville, GA, Waffle House® restaurant.

- Hootie and the Blowfish released a CD in 2000 entitled: "Scattered, Smothered & Covered" and pictured a Waffle House® restaurant on the cover.

- After enjoying a meal at a Destin, FL., Waffle House® restaurant, TV talk show host Rosie O'Donnell flew a grill operator and two salespeople to New York to be on her show in December 2000. They presented her a "Waffles for Life" certificate.

- A Waffle House® restaurant is prominently featured in a scene of "Tin Cup," a feature film starring Kevin Costner.

- A sampling of the many other celebrities seen eating in a Waffle House® restaurant:

- Former President George Bush
- Kenny Chesney
- Sean "P. Diddy" Combs
- Jeff Foxworthy
- Vince Gill
- Amy Grant
- Merle Haggard
- Faith Hill
- Beyonce Knowles
- Ludacris
- LeAnne Rimes
- Pete Sampras
- Emmitt Smith
- Marty Stuart
- Billy Bob Thornton
- David Toms
- Usher
- Mark Wills
- Reese Witherspoon
- Jay-Z

Well Sheesh, thanks for the super long post about nothing. We all know that Urban Legends are false until proven true.

But the original point is why won't they expand north of I-80?
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 23306
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/03 22:27:58 (permalink)
There are three Waffle House restaurants north of Interstate 80 in Toledo, Ohio.
Quartz
Cheeseburger
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/03 22:57:52 (permalink)
Toledo is along Inerstate 80 (although you're getting technical with it). I meant I-80 in general, not including along I-80.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/03 23:18:09 (permalink)
quote:

Toledo is along Inerstate 80 (although you're getting technical with it). I meant I-80 in general, not including along I-80.

Ah, but the three to which I referred are not along Interstate 80, they are north of Interstate 80. There are a couple of others there that are along Interstate 80.
GB944
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 197
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/04 16:22:09 (permalink)
Usually known as "Awful House" around us.
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4247
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/04 17:00:03 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by GB944

Usually known as "Awful House" around us.

Around you? Where in the world is a Waffle House around you? The nearest one would appear to be in Clark's Summit, Pa. which would lead me to think that you do not know what you are talking about.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/04 22:03:10 (permalink)
[8D
quote:

Yo! Quartz,
Lighten up or get an attitude adjustment. This is a FRIENDLY site & filled with nice people.
Niagara
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 987
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/05 09:39:18 (permalink)
The best thing about Waffle House is the waffles, especially since they have their own very good sugar-free syrup to put on them. I like their grits too. We just had breakfast at one in Kansas City last sunday.
Quartz
Cheeseburger
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/05 18:59:02 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

Yo! Quartz,
Lighten up or get an attitude adjustment. This is a FRIENDLY site & filled with nice people.

Sorry Foodbme if you thought I was getting an attitude. I was just trying to make a simple point is all
ces1948
  • Total Posts : 1527
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/06 20:29:31 (permalink)
Most of the ones I've been in are filthy, if you can overlook that the food's pretty good. Oh and the locations that are smokefree are a real plus. For a place that small with no interior walls to have a smoking section is absurd.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/06 21:07:47 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by ces1948

Most of the ones I've been in are filthy, if you can overlook that the food's pretty good. Oh and the locations that are smokefree are a real plus. For a place that small with no interior walls to have a smoking section is absurd.

Don't blame WH. It all depends on the State and Local Laws where they are located. That being said, I think WH Corporate should make a decision that all should be smoke-free, although they will have a problem convincing those locations in the Tobacco producing States, NC, SC, VA etc.
Quartz
Cheeseburger
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/06 21:33:46 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

Don't blame WH. It all depends on the State and Local Laws where they are located. That being said, I think WH Corporate should make a decision that all should be smoke-free, although they will have a problem convincing those locations in the Tobacco producing States, NC, SC, VA etc.

They could get some form of an incentive for banning smoke. Of course, it would have to be taken to the State's Court. They can't make the decision out of the thin blue air. That's why some are smoke-free and some are not (because they are long legal issues they must go through). I'm sure that if they could make all of their locations smoke-free, they would have made them long before now.
ces1948
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/06 22:13:07 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

They could get some form of an incentive for banning smoke. Of course, it would have to be taken to the State's Court. They can't make the decision out of the thin blue air. That's why some are smoke-free and some are not (because they are long legal issues they must go through). I'm sure that if they could make all of their locations smoke-free, they would have made them long before now.

As far as I know there are no legal reasons why any Waffle house has to allow smoking, any reason they might have to allow smoking has more to do with economics.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/06 22:18:15 (permalink)
The smoking is what I miss most about Waffle House restaurants in Ohio. Food doesn't taste as good if people aren't smoking.
ces1948
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/06 22:20:21 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

The smoking is what I miss most about Waffle House restaurants in Ohio. Food doesn't taste as good if people aren't smoking.

That's funny.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/07 00:39:08 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

That's funny.

I don't think it's funny. I stopped smoking on Jan. 2, 1993 and food has tasted lousy ever since. At least in a resaurant I could smell other people's smoke so that the food tasted good.
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3486
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/07 01:30:06 (permalink)
My dad said the opposite when he quit back in 72. He was amazed how much better food smelled and tasted after dropping the Salems and LSMFT habit that stretched back to WW2.
MrKing.net
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 84
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/07 10:26:19 (permalink)
OMG, Remember when AMERICA was free to do things? i'm so tired of people wanting to live in a commie country!

if you dont like smoke, dont eat there.
ces1948
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/07 11:40:56 (permalink)
Originally posted by MrKing.net

OMG, Remember when AMERICA was free to do things? i'm so tired of people wanting to live in a commie country!

[/quote I don't if they allow smoking. If they can get by on being able to serve 2 out of every 10 potential customers go for it.
KatAustin
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/07 14:57:11 (permalink)
When on the road there are three types of places I look for Truck Stop, Waffle House and mom n pop places.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/07 22:17:45 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

That's funny.

I don't think it's funny. I stopped smoking on Jan. 2, 1993 and food has tasted lousy ever since. At least in a resaurant I could smell other people's smoke so that the food tasted good.

Michael,
You're a nice guy, but I suggest you get a Chest XRay!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/07 23:37:45 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's funny.

Michael,
You're a nice guy, but I suggest you get a Chest XRay!

Why's that?
Quartz
Cheeseburger
RE: What's sooo bad about Waffle House 2007/09/07 23:55:26 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MrKing.net

LOL! I'm Not trying to enforce the grammar around here, but you mean AMERICANS could do whatever whenever anywhere they wanted without having a big political issue over it. If America was able to do whatever it wanted for free, there would be no other country in this world.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 11
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5