Originally posted by Foodbme
Originally posted by Quartz
Originally posted by desertdog
Originally posted by Ashphalt
We don't have Waffle House up here in the North, and I guess they're about as likely to move up here as the Carnegie Deli is to open in Little Rock, but I appreciate Mr. King posting the menu.
What's so bad about Waffle House? I can't speak for the food, service, or cleanliness but that kaleidoscopic Disney-colored train wreck of a menu would put me off breakfast for a while.
Speaking of Little Rock, there is a Waffle House out next to the airport where I grabbed a very satisfying breakfast back in May.
As far as having them up north, I must assume that there are none in Minnesota, because when my brother comes down every winter from Red Wing, he and his buddies make a bee-line to the closest Phoenix area Waffle House before hitting the links...it's like a tradition or something... and they eat like there is no tomorrow.
Anyway, for good waffles, my current local locale would be Lo-Lo's Chicken and Waffles....damn fine food.
Some say it's because they're Imtimidated from the Coney Islands, Big Boys, Denny's, and IHOP's.
It's just an Urban Legend Though.
I am a WH Gold Card Holder and held my Wedding Reception there!
WH will never be intimidated by other chains. They OWN the Waffle World among others.
Since 1955, the WAFFLE HOUSE System has served:
957,041,599 Cups of Coffee
1,173,838,328 Hashbrown Orders
370,545,935 Sausage Patties
786,449,152 Bacon Strips
14,899,594 Slices of Ham
22,217,455 Slices of Pie
123,587,123 T-bone Steaks
115,220,427 Hamburger Quarters
479,312,699 Glasses of Coke?
1,108,574,633 Order of Grits
72,567,509 Cheese n' Eggs
Did you Know?
If you lay all of the Bryan bacon end-to-end that Waffle House serves in a year, it will stretch from Atlanta to Los Angeles seven times! (That's more than 21,000 miles of bacon)
If you could stack all of the sausage patties we serve in one day, it would reach the TOP of the Empire State Building! (Did you want grits with that?)
Waffle House serves more than 3.2 million pounds of grits each year. That is enough to fill 86 semi-trucks!
Each year Waffle House customers eat more than 334,000 pounds of pecans in their waffles. That is more than 21 million pecans.
Waffle House customers consume two percent of the total eggs produced in the United States for foodservice use. That is more than 185,000,000 eggs every year, 500,000 eggs everyday, 20,833 eggs every hour, 347 eggs every minute and five eggs every second.
If you used all of the eggs Waffle House serves in a year to make a cheese omelet, it would weigh 28 tons and would need 185 million slices of cheese. (Do you want hashbrowns with that?)
If you lined up all the bowls of Bert's Chili?Waffle House serves in a year, it would stretch the length of Florida's coastline on both the Atlantic and the Gulf coasts!
Waffle House serves more than 10,000 T-bone steaks every day.
If you stack all of the USDA Choice hamburger patties Waffle House serves in a year, it would equal the height of 18 Mount Everests!
Waffle House serves more than 381 tons of country ham every year. That translates to more weight than a fully-loaded Boeing 747 at takeoff.
- The first Waffle House?restaurant opened on Labor Day in 1955 in Avondale Estates, GA.
- The Waffle House System operates more than 1,500 restaurants in 25 states.
- Waffle House?restaurants are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year (including Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day).
The Waffle House System is the world's leading server of:
- T-bone steaks
- cheese 'n eggs
- USDA Choice hamburgers
- country ham
- pork chops
- patty melts
- raisin toast
- apple butter
- Heinz Traditional Steak Sauce
The Waffle House System only serves the best brands including:
- Coca-Cola soft drinks
- Heinz complete line of sauces
- Sara Lee family of pork products
- Bryan bacon, ham and country ham
- Jimmy Dean Sausage
- Minute Maid Orange Juice
- Wishbone salad dressings
- Waffle House Classic Blend Coffee
- Waffles made with White Lily Flour
- Challenged to a test, Waffle House?restaurants have found at least 70,778,880 different ways to prepare its USDA Choice hamburgers.
- The Waffle House System has served more than 442,451,500 waffles (and counting!) since 1955.
- Waffle House?restaurants serve more than 95 million cups of coffee each year.
THE WAFFLE HOUSE EXPERIENCE
- Waffle House?restaurants are the only place where you can hear classic waffle songs "Good Food Fast," "Waffle Doo Wop" and "Waffle House Family" on a real jukebox.
- Although there is one "official" Web site, an Internet search turns up more than 2,200 Web sites that mention Waffle House?restaurants. Waffle House?restaurants ranked in the "Top Five" of "Around the Clock Eats" on the Food Network.
- Bert's Chili?and our world famous hashbrowns were featured on "Sara's Secrets" on the Food Network.
- Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Ron White and Larry the Cable Guy are seen eating at a Waffle House?restaurant in their 2003 movie, Blue Collar Comedy Tour - The Movie.
- A Waffle House?restaurant is featured in a scene in the 2002 Britney Spears movie "Crossroads."
- The R & B group "112" filmed their "It's Over Now" video at a Snellville, GA, Waffle House?restaurant.
- Hootie and the Blowfish released a CD in 2000 entitled: "Scattered, Smothered & Covered" and pictured a Waffle House?restaurant on the cover.
- After enjoying a meal at a Destin, FL., Waffle House?restaurant, TV talk show host Rosie O'Donnell flew a grill operator and two salespeople to New York to be on her show in December 2000. They presented her a "Waffles for Life" certificate.
- A Waffle House?restaurant is prominently featured in a scene of "Tin Cup," a feature film starring Kevin Costner.
- A sampling of the many other celebrities seen eating in a Waffle House?restaurant:
- Former President George Bush
- Kenny Chesney
- Sean "P. Diddy" Combs
- Jeff Foxworthy
- Vince Gill
- Amy Grant
- Merle Haggard
- Faith Hill
- Beyonce Knowles
- LeAnne Rimes
- Pete Sampras
- Emmitt Smith
- Marty Stuart
- Billy Bob Thornton
- David Toms
- Mark Wills
- Reese Witherspoon