Helpful ReplyHot!What's For DINNER ...???

Page: << < ..356357358 Showing page 358 of 358
Author
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9314
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2018/07/17 15:41:41 (permalink)
JoyB
leethebard
Last night I barbecued Italian sausage on the grill, fried up multi-colored peppers with onions, got some nice crispy hoagie rolls, and we enjoyed Italian
sausage sandwiches!

Now that is making me want to make sausage and peppers tonight. Sometimes I throw in some cut up potatoes instead of making a grinder with the sausage and it makes for an excellent meal! I think I will be making this dish very soon. Thanks for reminding me of this one leethebard! 

Years ago my dad had a weekend job where they sold Italian sausage sandwich with What he called a sauce on top.Fried potatoes, some diced pepper and fried with good vinegar in the potatoes. People lined up for it. Got so good he sometimes sold just sauce sandwiches with the potato -vinegar sauce!!
JoyB
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 28
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2018/07/17 15:45:08 (permalink)
leethebard
JoyB
leethebard
Last night I barbecued Italian sausage on the grill, fried up multi-colored peppers with onions, got some nice crispy hoagie rolls, and we enjoyed Italian
sausage sandwiches!

Now that is making me want to make sausage and peppers tonight. Sometimes I throw in some cut up potatoes instead of making a grinder with the sausage and it makes for an excellent meal! I think I will be making this dish very soon. Thanks for reminding me of this one leethebard! 

Years ago my dad had a weekend job where they sold Italian sausage sandwich with What he called a sauce on top.Fried potatoes, some diced pepper and fried with good vinegar in the potatoes. People lined up for it. Got so good he sometimes sold just sauce sandwiches with the potato -vinegar sauce!!

Well, sometimes the "food" is just the vehicle for a great sauce after all...LOL. That does sound pretty good. Sort of an agra-dolce - sweet peppers and the sour from the vinegar. Yummmm! 
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9314
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2018/07/17 16:25:28 (permalink)
JoyB
leethebard
JoyB
leethebard
sausage sandwiches!

Well, sometimes the "food" is just the vehicle for a great sauce after all...LOL. That does sound pretty good. Sort of an agra-dolce - sweet peppers and the sour from the vinegar. Yummmm! 

Mostly home fries, some pepper, but the vinegar does it It. Became a home fry potato sandwich...not really a mushy sauce. My dad and Uncle who ran the place just called it "sauce". 

We still make that version of the Italian sausage sandwich often. Delicious!
felix4067
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4903
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2018/07/19 01:16:47 (permalink)
Road trip to New Hampshire today! We mostly just poked around and looked at stuff, but then we went to the Smuttynose Brewery for tasting and dinner. Beers we tried: Wake and Break, Shoals Pale Ale, Old Brown Dog, Summer IPA, Blueberry Short Weisse, Baltic Porter, Farmhouse Ale, and a few I can't remember that were only available on-site. For dinner, we started with pimiento cheese and house-made crackers, split a platter of 5 smoked meats (brisket, ribs, pulled pork, chicken, and hot links) with collard greens, cornbread, and onion rings on the side for our main meal, and then also split the smoked corn ice cream for dessert.

They offer four sauces for the meats, only one of which we enjoyed (the sweet & hot BBQ). Their mustard was like honey mustard with horseradish in it, the Carolina vinegar was like nothing either of us had ever tasted, and they also offered this truly bizarre blueberry something-or-other that was simply not good. The chicken was fantastic, as was the pulled pork. The brisket was New Hampshire good, but any further south it would've been mediocre; ditto the ribs. The "hot links" were meh. Onion rings and collard greens were excellent! The Guy loved the cornbread; I did not (it was more flour than cornmeal, chewy instead of crumbly). The ice cream was odd, yet tasty. It came on a slice of grilled lemon poundcake, with apple jam on the side.

felix4067
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4903
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2018/07/19 20:41:24 (permalink)
Third time's the charm, right? We wanted to go to a place that had excellent ratings on Yelp, but it turns out it's really just the kitchen where they make everything for their food truck. So then we were going to go to another place that also had great reviews, but it was so busy we couldn't park with a half-mile of it. Third choice was the Clambake Restaurant, and we should've just gone there in the first place. The Guy got their backed haddock, which ended up being two gigantic, thick fillets,. Coleslaw and potato salad on the side, easily a half-pound of potato salad.

I got their baked scallops, shrimp, and lobster with coleslaw and mashed potatoes on the side. The scallops practically melted in my mouth, the shrimp was done to perfection, and the lobster was tender and juicy. The potatoes were redskin (with skins), and I think they make them with sour cream or perhaps buttermilk. Coleslaw was pretty standard, as were the dinner rolls, but the rolls were an excellent vehicle for soaking up the butter and seafood drippings on our plates.

ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8455
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2018/07/20 07:50:08 (permalink)
That looks reasonably edible.
Page: << < ..356357358 Showing page 358 of 358
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5