Helpful ReplyHot!Where's the chili in Houston - 2018

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
scrumptiouschef
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2710
Re: Where's the chili in Houston - 2018 2018/12/11 23:15:54 (permalink)
BayouCityNosh
I see my pic of the chili at Pete's isn't showing up.  I need to find a place to host photos.

I can't think of a single Creole joint here in town that has a bowl of chili on the menu. If you have a gmail account you also have a vast cloud where you can store your pics. I don't see Google going the way of Photobucket.
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9240
Re: Where's the chili in Houston - 2018 2018/12/12 08:03:18 (permalink)
BayouCityNosh

Creole Chili at Gumbo Jeaux's.

I wouldn't pass up a bowlful.  And even if it does use supermarket "Cajun sausage" I would have to think that it's reasonably decent, given your location.
BayouCityNosh
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 110
Re: Where's the chili in Houston - 2018 2018/12/12 10:06:19 (permalink)
Root-Beer Man
BayouCityNosh
I see my pic of the chili at Pete's isn't showing up.  I need to find a place to host photos.

I've had good luck using Facebook to post mine, (since Photobucket decided they wanted an arm and a leg to host). I just made an album called Foodies and secured it so only I could see the pics. Then all you need to do is view the picture, copy the url and insert it here. Works really well and it's free!

Thanks.  Didn't know you could do that on FB.  I don't have an account but will consider it.
BayouCityNosh
Cheeseburger
Re: Where's the chili in Houston - 2018 2018/12/12 10:10:02 (permalink)
scrumptiouschef
BayouCityNosh

I can't think of a single Creole joint here in town that has a bowl of chili on the menu. If you have a gmail account you also have a vast cloud where you can store your pics. I don't see Google going the way of Photobucket.

I have encountered it only once before, at a drive-thru boudin hut on the far northeast side of town.  The menu was huge, included a lot of soul food dishes.  The lady really bragged about the chili but I never got back up there to try it.

The pic is hosted on Google Photos.  The url didn't work,so I just copied the pic.  Seemed too easy to be true.
BayouCityNosh
Cheeseburger
Re: Where's the chili in Houston - 2018 2018/12/12 10:13:42 (permalink)
ScreamingChicken
BayouCityNosh

Creole Chili at Gumbo Jeaux's.

I wouldn't pass up a bowlful.  And even if it does use supermarket "Cajun sausage" I would have to think that it's reasonably decent, given your location.

Thanks.  Unconventional but tasty.  I've had chili that included sausage before, may have even made a few pots.  Usually, the sausage is ground up, not chunked.  The dirty rice has got to be a better option than tortilla chips, I think.

First bite and I was thinking of Shanghai Jimmy's Chili Rice, which I've never had.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5