Wibur Curtis GEM 3 Satellite Server Modification

Author
Pairodocs
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2018/09/09 17:35:03 (permalink)

Wibur Curtis GEM 3 Satellite Server Modification

I recently picked up three of these servers along with the Chassis they fit into.

This is the stand:
This is the server:

To my dismay, I learned that you can't just connected the servers to the stand and expect the servers to maintain temperature. There is a control module in the server which must be programed by the brewer before the server is place in the satellite stand. 

So I came up with a modification to the server which substitutes a simple thermal switch which is normally closed and set to open at 140 degrees F. 

I have modified all three of my servers and the modification works like a champ!

These do not work like heaters. That is to say that they do not have enough power to quickly heat cold water to serving temp. But if you put hot liquid into the server and then turn it on, the temperature is maintained to that the liquid can be served but does not burn from overtemp.

1 Reply Related Threads

Pairodocs
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Wibur Curtis GEM 3 Satellite Server Modification 2018/09/11 08:39:24 (permalink)
    Let me hasten to add....

The modification that I did to these servers is very simple and straight forward. But I do not recommend doing it unless you know how to do it safely.

I am happy to discuss how it is done, but I implore the person doing the modification to exercise caution.

Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5