Helpful ReplyHot!Wisconsin Friday Fishfry Favorites

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
lazycook
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Wisconsin Friday Fishfry Favorites 2019/09/23 19:33:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby JRPfeff 2019/09/24 10:37:15
Our cabin is about 3 miles from Drummond, and MJ's Mill Pond used to be called Uncle Rhino's - looks like it is much improved with the change of name. It was quite dreadful in the past. But for even better food and atmosphere, the next time you're in the Drummond WI area, go about 18 miles instead to the middle of nowhere at all, and try the fish fry (or any other meal) at the Four Corners Saloon, on Co Rd E off Hwy 63.  Ostensibly Mason is the nearest town, but it's not... really a town. The fish fry at Four Corners is one of my favorites of all time, and their onion rings are so... perfect.  FYI, your cell phone won't work here.  When we're at our cabin (which is sadly 640 miles from our home now) we always aim for a visit here, or to the Delta Diner, or as a new addition, Old Southern BBQ in Hayward (Dave Anderson's latest venture). A friend of our likes "fine dining" fish fry LOL so we also sometimes go to Garmisch's down on Lake Namakagon.

Get your Wisconsin thin crust pizza at Frankie's in Ashland.  And get your steaks for grilling at Sixth Street Market, also Ashland.  

It sounds like this is a lot of driving around, but when you've driven over 600 miles to get there, another 30 or so for good food is nothing.  
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9294
Re: Wisconsin Friday Fishfry Favorites 2019/09/24 08:32:44 (permalink)
I remember driving past Four Corners Saloon on the way to Copper Falls a couple of years ago - good to know that it's worth a stop.  Thanks!

Frankie's has a location in Hayward now, too, but I haven't been there.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5