Wonder Sub -- Old Bridge NJ

Author
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5600
2018/01/03 12:09:11 (permalink)

Wonder Sub -- Old Bridge NJ

I didn't post many of my Marching Band Season travelogs this Fall (except for another sandwich post - the Lamb French Dip in Leesburg, VA)  But, I must pass this special place on to Northern NJ folks:

Wonder Subs. It looks every bit like a chain from the outside, but this is a one of a kind sub shop in Old Bridge NJ. https://www.wondersub.com/

I ordered the 1/2 (8") Wondersub (Salami, Cappicola, Sopressata, Prosciutto, Mozzarella)-- I figured I might as well try the sub named for the sub shop. The bread there is amazing. Made and baked onsite. They normally have six different options for bread, but only 3 or 4 were available at the time I went (4pm-ish?). Nice crusty exterior, soft interior -- quality rustic bakery bread. They use Thumann's meats which are excellent! Nice portion of meats, fresh toppings.

I was there on an off time around 4pm, and they seemed preoccupied with cleaning, baking additional bread etc. And, as a first time visitor, it was awkward to order and pay, I felt like I didn't know where to stand. I was the only person there at 4pm on a Saturday. But, my goodness, this sub fulfilled every NJ sub craving I have had pent up for a couple years now! 

Driving anywhere in the Old Bridge area-- or East Brunswick -- or even High Point Solutions Stadium is only 20 minutes away, I urge you to give Wonder Sub a try!

post edited by Scorereader - 2018/01/03 12:11:22

1 Reply Related Threads

leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 9589
    Re: Wonder Sub -- Old Bridge NJ 2018/01/03 12:52:07 (permalink)
    Thanks,when in the area i'll give it a try. Sounds like what i'd be looking for in a good Jersey sub!!

Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5