comment....

Author
NYNM
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3054
2005/12/04 22:36:25 (permalink)

comment....

Just an observation that activity here seems to have really slowed down -
everytime I check in the past few days there's less than usual - this was usually "fast moving" - but I guess now that cold weather's set in most places, we're likely to want home food rather than road food...

9 Replies Related Threads

mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: comment.... 2005/12/04 23:05:23 (permalink)
    Agreed. It has seemed slower of late but there have been holidays and we have been arguing less about the appropriateness of threads and their placements.
    Theedge
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1196
    RE: comment.... 2005/12/05 09:00:10 (permalink)
    I think most of it has to do with the fact that (for better or worse) the off topic forum no longer appears on the front page.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13946
    RE: comment.... 2005/12/05 09:09:40 (permalink)
    I discussed this with "The Mayor". It appears that a lot of folks were traveling for the holiday and this disrupted normal posting. I know that it did for me. As for Al, he has been under the weather with a severe flu.

Posting seems to me that changes with the times. At times it is incredible with the amount of post, then slows and then regains momentum.

Rushmore has discussed this before.

I am sure that there are other reasons.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    RE: comment.... 2005/12/05 10:47:30 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sundancer7

I discussed this with "The Mayor". It appears that a lot of folks were traveling for the holiday and this disrupted normal posting. I know that it did for me. As for Al, he has been under the weather with a severe flu.

Posting seems to me that changes with the times. At times it is incredible with the amount of post, then slows and then regains momentum.

Rushmore has discussed this before.

I am sure that there are other reasons.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Mr. Mayor, I hope you feel better soon.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15787
    RE: comment.... 2005/12/05 11:30:58 (permalink)

This damn Flu seems to hang on forever... I am recovering slowly, Thank you for the kind thoughts.
    About the activity. I believe removing the Misc& lighter... and creating the FF/Chain Forum (off the front page) has slowed the speed of movement on the front-page threads. That was the intention of doing it in the first place, so that much seems to be working. Except for a few minor shifts the new forum labels seem to be working ok. As always folks increase and decrease their activity based on their own personal interests.
    berndog
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 674
    RE: comment.... 2005/12/05 12:04:00 (permalink)
    So thats where all the crazy topics have gone. I must have slept through the announcement that the FF/Chain and misc. off-topic forums were not listed on the main page when posts are added. [|)]

I'll have to remember to go directly to the forums page to see what is happening on these. While most posts have nothing to do with Roadfood, they sometimes introduce the most interesting topics and I get a good laugh out of many of the comments.
    stricken_detective
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2772
    RE: comment.... 2005/12/06 21:33:00 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by mr chips

Agreed. It has seemed slower of late but there have been holidays and we have been arguing less about the appropriateness of threads and their placements.
    That gave me a nice chuckle, thank you.
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: comment.... 2005/12/07 03:05:56 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by NYNM

everytime I check in the past few days there's less than usual - this was usually "fast moving" - but I guess now that cold weather's set in most places, we're likely to want home food rather than road food...

Hey, I'm trying to stir it up. Just look at the "Children behaving badly" thread. I mean I can only do so much. I need help. Just find a pomposity and stick a sharp instrument into it.
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    RE: comment.... 2005/12/07 11:00:26 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BT

quote:
    Originally posted by NYNM

Hey, I'm trying to stir it up. Just look at the "Children behaving badly" thread. I mean I can only do so much. I need help. Just find a pomposity and stick a sharp instrument into it.
    You were missed. It is good you are back.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5