louisville to indianapolis buffet?

Author
suicidaldream
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 14
2005/12/04 16:19:21 (permalink)

louisville to indianapolis buffet?

any vegetarian friendly buffets near the interstate or in indianapolis that anyone knows of? thanks!

3 Replies Related Threads

UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6028
    RE: louisville to indianapolis buffet? 2005/12/04 19:51:06 (permalink)
    Worse comes to worse, there's plenty of tasty cornfields!
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15787
    RE: louisville to indianapolis buffet? 2005/12/04 20:29:52 (permalink)
    While not known for it's vegetarian fare, The Claudia Sanders Dinner House , Just west of of Shelbyville, KY on US 60 has a combination of vegetable dishes that make a great dinner in themselves. They are normally served as the "Eight Great" sides with the famous Chicken or Chicken Liver Dinners that are the trademark of the place. I believe they are available as a 'Veggie Plate' (AYCE) without the Chicken.
    The Veggies include Mock Oysters (an Eggplant Cassarole), Creamed Spinach, Corn pudding, Glazed Beets, Green beans, Whipped Potato with White-cream Gravy, Wonderful Stewed Tomatoes, and Fried Apples.
    On Sunday they do serve a Buffet, but the rest of the week the veggies are served at your table - Family Style- AYCE, so it's like a buffet without the walking! The Place is closed Monday.

P S- I believe the Green Beans are cooked "Southern Style" with lots of Ham bits!
    lamertz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 290
    RE: louisville to indianapolis buffet? 2005/12/04 20:31:58 (permalink)
    Aside from Corny jokes (I'm a former Hoosier,ya know)There is a big interstate-side cafeteria just south of Indianapolis on I65. The name is Johnathon Byrd's and it's quite a production. Not quite Roadfood,but they have a good selection of salads and vegetables.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5