Born Round .... Frank Bruni
chucktay1
Junior Burger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2012/06/27 06:33:12
The National Enquirer
Davydd
Sirloin
RE: What are you reading right now? 2012/06/27 09:03:39
The next two months the MilePost will be my constant companion read in bits and pieces as necessary.
jmckee
Double Chili Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2012/06/27 12:36:04
Atlantic: Great Sea Battles, Heroic Discoveries, Titanic Storms, and a Vast Ocean of a Million Stories by Simon Winchester. Absolutely fascinating.
kland01s
Filet Mignon
RE: What are you reading right now? 2012/06/27 14:33:14
Davydd

The next two months the MilePost will be my constant companion read in bits and pieces as necessary.

I read the MilesPost through 3 times before we went to Alaska! It's actually pretty interesting but I haven't seen one in 10 years so I don't know if they changed to format much, contents I'm sure because of many changes in 10 years but I wonder if the style is the same. It was so readable and clear, best guidebook I have ever used.
mr chips
Filet Mignon
RE: What are you reading right now? 2012/06/28 22:11:09
Just finished alan Brinkley's biography of John Kennedy in the American Presidents series. These books are about 140 pages with an interesting perspective.  Brinkley writes well but is a little wishy- washy and does not really write too much about the sex and health scandals that would have come to light under modern media practices and probably would have brought JFK down. He also writes a lot about the popular perceptions of JFK versus the reality of  his accomplishment. A good read.
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2012/07/07 09:35:58
Last Men Out, by Bob Dury and Tom Clavin. Just started. About the final hours in Apr of 75 at the US Embassy in Viet Nam.
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
RE: What are you reading right now? 2012/07/15 14:22:55
"Cowards", Glenn Beck
RE: What are you reading right now? 2012/07/15 17:11:43
XO...Jeffery Deaver, fun read, all his books are!
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2012/08/03 14:12:09
Coup d'etat, the fourth of Harry Turtledove's alt history of WWII.
jaylhorner
Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2012/08/03 17:45:10
Wish You Well... David Baldacci

Split Image  ... Robert Parker
tmiles
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/11/29 15:12:42
Plunder and Deceit, Levine's  latest, and sure to be a best seller. I too, worry about the country that we are leaving to our kids and grand kids, but this book just recycles and consolidates other info without offering any real solutions. One thing that I credit this guy with is LOTS of notes. Like what he says, or not, you can find his source very easily.
post edited by tmiles - 2015/11/29 15:14:25
Louis
Double Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/11/29 16:01:47
I just finished "The Boy Slaves" (1865) by Mayne Reid.  It's about three boys and a man who are washed up upon the shore of Ethiopia after their ship sinks and are instantly made slaves.  Over the course of the book, they are traded several times to other tribes.  Early in the book, both an Arab sheik and a black sheik want possession of them; they settle the matter by drawing a giant checkerboard in the sand and using camel dung as checkers.

tmiles
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/11/29 16:05:19
Louis
I just finished "The Boy Slaves" (1865) by Mayne Reid.  It's about three boys and a man who are washed up upon the shore of Ethiopia after their ship sinks and are instantly made slaves.  Over the course of the book, they are traded several times to other tribes.  Early in the book, both an Arab sheik and a black sheik want possession of them; they settle the matter by drawing a giant checkerboard in the sand and using camel dung as checkers.

Was this written IN 1865, or is it  ABOUT what happened in 1865?? It sounds interesting.
jaylhorner
Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/11/29 19:21:09
Just finished The Crossing by Michael Connelly.  Good fast read.
Treetop Tom
Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/11/30 08:54:47
The Parson Of The Islands: The Life And Times Of Joshua Thomas by Wallace Adam.  Originally published in 1861, it is an interesting study of the way of life of Chesapeake Bay watermen and the canoe-paddling parson who brought Methodism to their islands at the turn of the 19th Century.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/11/30 09:14:31
As a teacher of Shakespeare,I'm loving the new book by James Shapiro: The Year Of Lear-1606. After a summer of reading over a dozen best sellers and pop fiction, it's good to get into The Bard again!!!
jmckee
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/11/30 10:53:28
Just finished David McCullough's The Greater Journey: Americans in Paris, a fascinating look at Americans who travelled to Paris, and sometimes settled in for a while, throughout the 19th Century.

Just started Wings: A History of Aviation from Kites to the Space Age.
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/11/30 19:12:06
Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto, by Aaron Franklin.

It's nice to read a manifesto from someone who isn't a complete wackjob, although he does seem a little weird.  Which is probably why he's in Austin, and why I'd like to talk barbecue with him over a few beers.
post edited by ScreamingChicken - 2015/11/30 19:17:59
Louis
Double Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/11/30 21:11:59
tmiles, it was published in 1865, probably in Europe first and later in America.  If you read the story, it probably takes place in the 1850s, but undoubtedly little had changed by the time the book came out.  And 150 years later this sort of thing is still going on.

Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/12/08 16:06:24
Dearfolk,
   My three latest books were Rosey Grier's Autobiography; "Moanin' At Midnight: The Life And Times Of Howlin' Wolf" by James Segrest and Mark Hoffman; and the one I just finished: "Spinning Blues Into Gold: The Chess Brothers And The Legendary Chess Records" by Nadine (Honey, is that you?) Cohodas. Next I start on the revised edition of Griel Marcus' "Lost Highways."
      Wholeheartedly, Ort. in good old 30606.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/12/08 19:37:33
Peter Heller's The Painter. Fun,wild read...takes place in beautiful Colorado!
BelleReve
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/12/08 21:11:14
Just started - Did you ever have a family by Bill Clegg.

leethebard - Peter Heller's great, loved his first book, the Dog Stars.

jaylhorner
Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/12/09 08:12:58
Rogue Lawyer....John Grisham.  Good enjoyable read.
Louis
Double Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/12/09 18:05:29
I'm reading "From the Earth to the Moon" (1865) by Jules Verne.  It's a little dry.  It's rather technical at times.  It could have been better.  The problem is that there is scarcely any conflict in the story; it's just a story about Americans building a rocket to the moon.  No conflict in that.

mar52
Porterhouse
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/12/10 13:51:11

X
Greymo
Filet Mignon
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/12/10 19:44:27
mar52

X

Mar, you should be reading  "How To Sue Your Contractor" 
mar52
Porterhouse
RE: What are you reading right now? 2015/12/10 21:36:34
So true! 
tmiles
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/02/23 14:48:48
Just finished GHOST FLEET : a novel of the next world war. Before I return it I want to let my friends know how good it is , in case you like the genre, which is a little out of style. An imprint of Houghton Mifflin took a chance on 2 new authors, P. W. Singer and August Cole, who at the  end of the book make acknowledgments to favorite authors Arthur Conan Doyle,Herman Wouk, John le Carre, Tom Clancy, and George R. R. Martin. The circle closes when you read a blurb by  D. B. Weiss on the back cover. Like Red October, it is of the "it could happen, but I hope that it doesn't" variety. For the techno readers, there are many pages of notes in the back of the book with info on weapons systems used in the story. I didn't bother with the notes, but the fact that they are there makes the story all the more chilling. If you like early Clancy, or books like Flight of the Intruder, you will like this book.
post edited by tmiles - 2016/02/23 15:29:09
scrumptiouschef
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/02/23 15:04:47
Assassin The Man Behind The Mask By Joe Hamilton
BelleReve
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/02/27 10:02:34
Badlands by C.J. Box, my first time reading anything by him. 
easydoesit
Double Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/03/03 17:39:07
BelleReve, hope you are enjoying it.  But maybe want to look at his books in order, as his personal/family life goes through some changes as his stories go on.

Good stuff, though.  I liked it.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/03/03 21:21:02
Shakespeare's Rebel a wonderful novel about a a soldier and friend of Shakespeare's by C.C. Humpfrey. Great historical novel.Good take on Shakespeare,The Earl of Essex and Queen Elizabeth among the many historical characters who frequent this book!
cavandre
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/03/04 08:49:10
Just finished Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates... don't bother, History Lite!
BelleReve
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/03/04 11:29:47
easydoesit - thanks for the info, I really did enjoy the book, so will definitely start back reading from his earlier ones.
tmiles
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/03/04 16:36:54
I'm almost done with The Passage by David Poyer. I have enjoyed the later Dan Lenson novels, so when I saw this one, used, for just 50 cents, I bought it. 

There is less suspense, because I know that Dan will survive, but it is still a good read, and my favorite of the series so far. It is the story of a mid level Naval officer on a ship with computer bugs, a traitor, and a sudden mission to rescue Cuban boat people.

With a new group of refugees in the news, it made me wonder how the boatlift people made out, a generation later. I recall Castro opening his jails and psyc wards, as thousands of people made the dangerous voyage from Cuba in small boats. I remember, at the time, that some of them were really bad, but they, as a whole, seem to have faded from the news and become Americans.
tmiles
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/03/20 09:38:01
EGGHEAD ,"THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER", by BO BURNHAM, drawings by CHANCE BONE. This author is sick................Am I sick because I think that it is really funny?
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/03/20 09:54:25
Just finished the #1 book in the country for months The Nightingale. One of the best books I've read in ages. Superb,WWII novel about occupied France. It's got everything. I was amazed. Now starting a complete reversal in form,the first in a Science fiction trilogy, Red Rising. So far, so good.
BelleReve
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/03/20 18:18:03
the Tilted World by Tom Franklin and Beth Ann Fennelly set during the Great Flood of 1927.  He's good, enjoyed his other book Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter. 
tmiles
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/04/23 20:28:03
WEAPONS OF CHOICE by John Birmingham. It is of a different WW II, because allied warships from 2021 are sent to 1942 by mistake. It was written in 2004, and our time in 2016 is not as the author expected. The main ship, the Hillary Clinton, named after "the greatest wartime leader that our country has ever known" is more futuristic than would be possible by the time that she was launched, and Birmingham could have guessed better and named the ship Obama. The author also makes mistakes with military terms. As a retired Marine, I'm a little irked that he calls U. S Marines, "marines". The cap "M" was awarded by the AP style book after a WWI battle that nobody but Marines remember.  The book is not all that good, but I have ordered the next 2 books in the series. My library will have them in a few days. (Update.....the next 2 books in the series were very good)

Alternate history may be the toughest SciFi to write, especially when it is near term future. IMO, there is Harry Turtledove, and then everyone else. Even Mr Turtledove has stayed mostly stayed away from NEAR TERM SciFi, with the exception of the SuperVolcano series, which at this point seems to be on hold.
post edited by tmiles - 2016/05/01 15:57:36
Root-Beer Man
Double Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/04/23 21:18:16
Actually, Turtledove wrapped the "Supervolcano" series up as a trilogy. It wasn't his strongest work, IMO, but was a decent read. He's moved onto a new Korean War based alternate where they used nukes and started a global nuclear war with the Soviets. I really enjoyed the first book, can't wait to see what he does going forward (if he continues it).

I'm currently reading "Agatha H and The Voice of the Castle" by the Foglio's. It's the book.text version of their wildly popular comic "Girl Genius". Really great mad science genre book, (it's the third of their books based on the graphic novels).
ThanksfortheCrepes
Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/04/25 08:13:33
Currently I am rereading Jean Auel's "Clan of the Cave Bear", Earth's Children series, and it's one of my favorites. I never did buy the last and sixth book because I read reviews after it finally came out. So it's a six volume series, but I only own five. Lots of people said "The Land of Painted Caves" was even more tedious with the looong list of introductions when folks met one another than the previous volume, "Shelters of Stone", which is number five. I am getting ready to start that one shortly, because I'm almost at the end of "The Plains of Passage". Trust me, much of the lengthy introductions will be skipped this go round. I also find myself skipping over pages and pages long descriptions of the landscape. I read every word the first time, but it became very tedious. Still gotta love Ms. Auel, though. If you have any interest in prehistoric times, give it a whirl.

I've watched the 1986 movie "Clan of the Cavebear" several times with Daryl Hannah starring as the lead character, Ayla. It's okay, not as good as the book, and I wish they would make more movies from Ms. Auel's series of books, but that isn't likely to happen at this point.

Next on the slate is Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series last two books. I own many Stephen King books and movies, including all of the 8-volume series of Dark Tower books, and have read the first six of them once. I acquired the the last two recently, and because my husband loves them better than I do, allowed him to read them first while I was engaged in the "Earth's Children" series. "The Dark Tower VII" is an 845 page tome, like the rest of them in this series. "The Wind Through the Keyhole" is much smaller at only 307 pages. I am looking forward to it.

My favorite story of all time is Stephen King's "The Stand". I own the book and a DVD of the mini series. My initial exposure to the author was trying to read "Cujo" in 1981. It turned me off, and I closed the library book and returned it without completing it and dismissed this author from my radar. Then I caught the mini series of "The Stand" in 1994 when it aired over TV. I got hooked, bought the book, which is even better, and am interested in any offering he makes ever since. I loved his book "Under the Dome", own it, and love the sadly canceled series which ran for three seasons on broadcast TV. The book and series are very different, but both are excellent.

I've read that Mr. King is saddened that so many people think "The Stand" is his masterwork, and my nephew who turned me on to "Under the Dome", thinks that UTD is superior. I still disagree. "The Stand" remains my all time favorite story. I just wish they hadn't cast Molly Ringwald as Fran in the mini series. It's hard to ruin a story this good, but she sure gives it her all.

I still don't really care for "Cujo" movie or book, and I've never tried to reread that one. I'm a dog lover, so let's not turn them into evil demons please, Mr. King. 
post edited by ThanksfortheCrepes - 2016/04/25 08:18:28
jaylhorner
Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/04/25 12:13:35
An old Stuart Woods book.... Orchis Beach.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/04/25 14:07:19
Finishing up Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff....Ok story, well written, but not my type of book....
ThanksfortheCrepes
Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/04/26 04:40:15
@jaylhorner,
I like Stuart Woods too! 

I own a copy of "Orchid Blues" that your are reading from the Holly Barker series. If you like that one, he has four more novels in that series, but I've never run across them.

I own his "Chiefs" series and have watched and liked the miniseries "Chiefs" and "Grass Roots".

I own several of his works from his Stone Barrington series, including "Dead in the Water", "Swimming to Catalina", "Dirt", "Cold Paradise", and I'm pretty sure there are others. I'm sure there are others but can't remember and can't find them right now. I spent hours organizing all my books grouped by author at one point, but my husband of 17 years likes to read my books too, and he's a slob, so I grit my teeth, and try to ignore the disorganized mess he has made of them. If you like Stuart Woods, and the Stone Barrington series, there are 39 novels in this series. He is very prolific, easy and fast to read.

I also like and own many Dean Koontz books as well as Sidney Sheldon's work.

jaylhorner
Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/04/26 06:46:02
ThanksfortheCrepes
@jaylhorner,
I like Stuart Woods too! 

I own a copy of "Orchid Blues" that your are reading from the Holly Barker series. If you like that one, he has four more novels in that series, but I've never run across them.

I own his "Chiefs" series and have watched and liked the miniseries "Chiefs" and "Grass Roots".

I own several of his works from his Stone Barrington series, including "Dead in the Water", "Swimming to Catalina", "Dirt", "Cold Paradise", and I'm pretty sure there are others. I'm sure there are others but can't remember and can't find them right now. I spent hours organizing all my books grouped by author at one point, but my husband of 17 years likes to read my books too, and he's a slob, so I grit my teeth, and try to ignore the disorganized mess he has made of them. If you like Stuart Woods, and the Stone Barrington series, there are 39 novels in this series. He is very prolific, easy and fast to read.

I also like and own many Dean Koontz books as well as Sidney Sheldon's work.

I've read the other Holly Barker books and the majority of the rest of the Stone Barrington series. I keep a spreadsheet of my books so I do not get ones I've already read.
Louis
Double Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/04/26 21:58:56
I'm reading a history of the Fox Film Corporation (1915-1935) [actually 1914] before it became 20th-Century Fox.  It's written from a strictly business perspective.  Nothing about movie stars (other than in passing references); if there is a personal focus (however slight), it's the executives who green-lighted the films to be made.  It's a little dry, but it's interesting.

leethebard
Sirloin
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/04/27 04:28:45
The first "Alex Delaware" novel in that long series of crime dramas, When The Bough Breaks. Great read!
BelleReve
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/04/27 12:53:37
Descent by Tim Johnston, a mystery about the disappearance of a family's 18 yr old daughter while on a camping trip in the Rocky Mountains.  
Davydd
Sirloin
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/04/27 18:09:21
Since I will be attending the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 Race next month, decided to next read, Blood and Smoke by Charles Leerhsen. It is about the first 1911 Indianapolis 500 Race. Leerhsen has also written books about the harness racing horse, Dan Patch, and baseball player, Ty Cobb.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/04/28 01:33:51
I've been on a John Updike kick. First I re-read all the Rabbit novels, then the Eastwick novels (Witches and Widows), and I just finished In the Beauty of the Lilies. I've got Brazil and Of the Farm sitting next to my chair, but I may need a break before continuing.
tmiles
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/05/01 16:12:16
ThanksfortheCrepes
Currently I am rereading Jean Auel's "Clan of the Cave Bear", Earth's Children series, and it's one of my favorites. I never did buy the last and sixth book because I read reviews after it finally came out. So it's a six volume series, but I only own five. Lots of people said "The Land of Painted Caves" was even more tedious with the looong list of introductions when folks met one another than the previous volume, "Shelters of Stone", which is number five. I am getting ready to start that one shortly, because I'm almost at the end of "The Plains of Passage". Trust me, much of the lengthy introductions will be skipped this go round. I also find myself skipping over pages and pages long descriptions of the landscape. I read every word the first time, but it became very tedious. Still gotta love Ms. Auel, though. If you have any interest in prehistoric times, give it a whirl...........

I didn't reach the end of the series, myself, and the first book remains a favorite. Some authors (and editors!!!) have a way to do a 2nd or 10th book in a series in a way that the book can stand alone with just a few bits on the older books to help a new reader to catch up. As the "Clan" series moved along, there was so much "background" that the books became hard to read, and at least for me,,,,no longer fun.

The Horatio Hornblower series, as an example, actually started in the middle, and the author filled in both ends of Horatio's career in later books. Some are better than others, but each stands alone as an excellent read.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/05/01 17:28:29
tmiles
The Horatio Hornblower series, as an example, actually started in the middle, and the author filled in both ends of Horatio's career in later books. Some are better than others, but each stands alone as an excellent read.

Never read the book but loved the movie version starring Gregory Peck and Virginia Mayo.
Wowzer! They were beautiful!

ThanksfortheCrepes
Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/05/02 04:23:21
BelleReve
Descent by Tim Johnston, a mystery about the disappearance of a family's 18 yr old daughter while on a camping trip in the Rocky Mountains.  

I loved the novel "The Descent" by Jeff Long. It will scare you out of your complacency. I also liked this movie, and the other one that I feel were likely made on his novel with no credit at all to the author.

The author may well have sold his work for no credit, IDK, but it made me mad and wonder a lot. I hate it when authors get cut out of credit and proceeds from their works.

Much like the photo credits which have recently been done away with here on the Roadfood site. Boo!
post edited by ThanksfortheCrepes - 2016/05/02 04:42:59
tmiles
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/05/06 15:48:25
The new issue of The Marine Corps Gazette. It is the yearly state of Marine aviation issue, and always a favorite. I spent 3 months of active duty, and 10 years of reserve duty with the air side, and note how much (and how little!!) has changed in the 20 years that I've been retired.

The cover has the F35, which to me is a funny looking plane. It is just entering active service (it has been in training service for some time) , and the first pilot trained from basic flight school has qualified. The other pilots are American and British pilots, with long fighter experience who have re-trained into the F35. Production is ramping up which should lower the cost of additional units. It wasn't in the article, but I have read in other places that the billions and billions to build the first few planes is spent money, and that we shouldn't consider the (gone) development costs when considering how many new planes to build. 

Another major story was the CH53 heavy helicopter. It has been in service since before my time in the Corps, and remains the premier Western heavy 'copter. It has been upgraded via a combination of re-builds and new construction, and it was well represented in the reserves. They have been wearing out faster than planned, due higher than planned usage. (wars do that). The reserve has been stripped to put a little over 140 (out of 200 "needed") on active duty. 35 or so are good to fly on any given day. Great effort is being put forth to extend the life of these old birds until the new CH53K model comes into service. I was unhappy to see that no CH53Ks are planned for the reserve, because it was nice to be able to go there to get some this go 'round. Maybe 10 years from now money will be found to extend the production line.

The last CH46 Seaknight (aka "Phrog", "Milk Truck") has been retired, and the last squadrons that flew them are training up in the V22 Osprey. The reserve has 2 squadrons that need to take delivery of more aircraft, over the next few years, to be at full strength.

jaylhorner
Cheeseburger
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/05/07 07:40:04
15th Affair....the latest James Patterson & Maxine Paetro book.
ChrisOC
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/05/07 12:15:06
Believe it or not.  Gone With The Wind.  I have seen the movie many times, but never read the book.  For some reason I cannot stop picturing Rhett Butler as looking like Clark Gable. 
BelleReve
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/05/07 12:41:59
Bill Bryson's The Road to Little Dribbling, it caught my eye in the new books display at our library, funny and interesting, my first time reading anything by him.  
tmiles
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/05/08 09:26:21
BelleReve
Bill Bryson's The Road to Little Dribbling, it caught my eye in the new books display at our library, funny and interesting, my first time reading anything by him.  

I read a lot and browse my library 2 or 3 times a month, but I don't know this author. Is it a good read? What is it about? Do you recommend it, and should we keep an eye out for it??
BelleReve
RE: What are you reading right now? 2016/05/08 12:38:57
tmiles - he seems to have had a varied career mostly in journalism.  In the 1970's while backpacking through Europe he met his English wife, and split his time living in England and the US holding dual citizenship.  He's written several travel books, and in 1998 published probably his best known book - A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalacian Trail, about his attempt to walk the Appalacian Trail with a friend which was turned into a movie last year (Robert Redford, Nick Nolte, and Emma Thompson).  I would say the movie brought out a renewed interest in his writing.  The Road to Little Dribbling, is a follow up to his book - Notes from a Small Planet - where he revisits the same towns in England he wrote about 20 years earlier and reports how they've changed.  Some of it is very personal because he visits places where he actually lived and worked.  

I would call it a light read, with humorous observations, one-liners, and obscure facts which he reports while traveling through some of these small towns.  I'm enjoying it, and would say read this first, then try his other books if you like his style.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6