Sechrists's Hot Dogs?

Author
ken8038
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1635
2007/05/28 10:43:12 (permalink)

Sechrists's Hot Dogs?

I will be going to Harrisburg Pa in June. Does anyone know if Secrist's Hot Dogs (Dallastown Pa, I think) are still being made? About 15 years ago a bought a package of these on someone's recommendation. 6 to a pound, and some of the best store bought Hot Dogs I've ever had. If they still are made, can anyone let me know where I might get them in the Harrisburg/York/Lancaster Area?

There is no real info on the web about them, I already tried that.

Thanks. --Ken

4 Replies Related Threads

shortchef
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 624
    RE: Sechrists's Hot Dogs? 2007/05/29 09:13:44 (permalink)
    Yes, they are, Ken. I am from York, PA and grew up on these. Sechrist's dogs are, as far as I know, sold in their Dallastown store on Main St., as well as Sensenig's stand in New Eastern Market, open Fridays. You can find them also at stands in Central Market, and in Giant supermarket. I think Weis Markets has them, too. Glad to hear from someone who knows about these fabulous tube steaks. We like them on the grill (the skinless--the natural skin come out like Kevlar!) and the skin ones steamed. You will surely be able to find them, smoked or unsmoked, at one of the places I mentioned. Have a good trip!
    ken8038
    RE: Sechrists's Hot Dogs? 2007/05/29 17:54:24 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply! I'll be sure to make a stop at one of those places while I'm out that way. --Ken
    ken8038
    RE: Sechrists's Hot Dogs? 2007/06/10 16:37:58 (permalink)
    Hi Again Shortchef. I'm back from my trip, and, once again, thanks for the tips on where to find Sechrist's hot dogs. I did not realize they had thier own butcher store, so on your tip that's where I went to buy them. I love the old small town main street butcher stores. I bought both the regular and the smoked version. A pound of each, skinless, thanks for that tip also. We had them at a family cookout today and everyone gave them high marks. Totally filling, 2 was all I could eat.
    Thanks again! --Ken
    shortchef
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 624
    RE: Sechrists's Hot Dogs? 2007/06/11 11:00:10 (permalink)
    Ken, you're more than welcome, always glad to help a fellow Roadfooder. Delighted to hear that you got to the butcher shop. I still have one package from my last visit to York County (I preserved them in my Foodsaver and froze them) but since the grill is up and running, they won't last long.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5