Haven't had this dish, what ever you call it, in years so I decided to give it a whirl. Here's the recipe?? I used. Somma Dis, Somma Dat:
1 can (14.5 ounce) can
1 pound ground beef
2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
1 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 teaspoon salt
2-3 tablespoons ground black pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablepoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 small can sliced mushrooms
1. In a large bowl, mix together 1/2 can of Veggie Broth with ground beef, onions, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the meat and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
2. When ready to cook, Shape meat into 4 oval patties.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add some olive oil and brown both sides of patties.
Remove Patties from the pan and pour off excess fat.
4. In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining broth until smooth. Mix in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder. Pour into skillet on medium temperature stirring until the gravy thickens.
5. Add Meat back to the skillet.Cover with some gravy, add Mushrooms, Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.