Yes, I have been known to drink one beer and stop with that, but usually it's because of one of these factors:
1) I have let my belt out a notch and feel guilty about it. Oof!
2) I have to crawl out of bed the next day at a reasonable hour (say, noon or 1:00 P. M.).
3) What I'm drinking is high-gravity and I've gotta drive home.
4) I'm driving on unfamiliar roads in a faraway city.
5) All the place has is national brand beer, it's 104 degrees, and I've come in to eat, not drink.
Now: can ANYONE drink only one draught of Jever Pilsener?!?!?!?
Moderately In Moderation, Ort. Carlton in All-Too-Often-Immoderate Athens, Georgia.