30 mins Cooking Time:
Bengal Gram Flour - 180 gms
coarsely grounde Ghee - 160 gms
Cardamom - 4, powdered For the Sugar Syrup:
Sugar - 200 gms
Water - 180 ml
Milk - 30 ml For the Garnish:
Almonds - 2 tblsp, chopped
Pistachios - 2 tblsp, chopped Method of preparation:
1. Place the gram flour in a thali.
2. Heat ghee and pour half of it over the flour.
3. Rub the ghee into the gram flour with the palms till it resembles bread crumbs.
4. Heat the remaining ghee.
5. Add the flour and stir continuously till golden brown.
6. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
7. To prepare the sugar syrup, heat water, add the sugar and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Add milk to the sugar syrup. You will see a black layer floating on top. These are the impurities in sugar. Remove them with the help of a spoon.
9. Simmer till it is of one thread consistency.
10. Add the browned gram flour to the sugar syrup and stir well.
11. Pour into a greased thali and spread evenly.
12. Garnish with almonds and pistachios and allow to cool for 4 to5 hours.
13. Cut into squares.
14. If desired, decorate with silver foil before sprinkling almonds and pistachios