Maine Lobster Warning

Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4388
  • Joined: 2004/01/28 02:03:00
  • Location: West Peoria, IL
  • Status: offline
2008/07/29 09:28:19 (permalink)

Maine Lobster Warning

According to the AP, the FDA has issued a warning not to eat the tomalley in Maine lobster this year, as it contains the toxins for paralytic shell fish poisoning from the "red tide" algae bloom this year. Cooking doesn't eliminate the poisons. They say the white claw and tail meat is perfectly OK to eat, however.

Poisoning symptoms usually appear within two hours of eating. They include tingling and numbness of the mouth, face or neck, muscle weakness, headache and nausea.

8 Replies Related Threads

    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5