Join us now!
Stay logged in
Forgot Your Password?
Forgot your Username?
Haven't received registration validation E-mail?
User Control Panel
Recent Blog Posts
Send New PM
Ice Cream & Custards
Mark Thread Unread
Thread Reading Mode
Total Posts : 376
Location: Toronto, Ontario
I'd like to compile a list of dairy bars/ice cream parlours/soda fountains/lunch counters operated by dairies themselves. These would typically be adjacent to the actual dairy. I know of four:
1. Hewitt's Dairy Bar on Highway 6 just north of Hagersville. Great homespun atmosphere with a lunch counter as well as a dairy bar with sixty flavours of ice cream. Open 9:30 AM to 11:00 PM every day.
Hewitt's Dairy Bar
2. Reid's Dairy Store in Belleville. Operates as both a dairy bar and grocery store selling Reid's Dairy products together with bread, chips and whatever else can be offered at a good price. Reid's has a number of outlets in communities along the 401 north of Lake Ontario.
3. St. Clair Ice Cream, also known as Maple Leaf Dairy, operates an ice cream parlour at 2861 Danforth Avenue in Toronto. It's pretty spartan inside without any homespun atmosphere and seating capacity is limited. Scoop sizes are enormous though and St. Clair does a thriving business in the summers. I particularly like the sherbets.
4. Shaw's Dairy Bar on Highway 4 just north of Port Stanley. A local institution and a must for beach goers for decades! Not quite as homespun as Hewitt's but the attraction at Shaw's is the ice cream.
Shaw's Dairy Bar
Sadly, two of my other favourite dairy bars in the general area closed their doors for good in the past few weeks:
Steen's Dairy Bar and Grill in downtown Erin. A classic fourteen stool lunch counter that served Steen's ice cream including my favourite flavour, lime. It was a local institution dating back to the early part of the twentieth century and will be sorely missed.
The Stoney Creek Dairy operated an equally historic ice cream parlour at 135 King Street East in the Stoney Creek part of Hamilton. It was a very large operation that was mobbed in the summers leaving me wondering why it had to be closed.
post edited by Hepcat -
- - - - - - - - - -
[Roadfood News & Information Forums]
- - - - Roadfood News Forum
- - - - The Roadfood Insider
- - - - Where Should I Eat?
- - - - Trip Reports
- - - - Eat and Greets - Roadfood Get-togethers
[Lunch & Dinner Forums]
- - - - Soups
- - - - Mexican
- - - - Chicken
- - - - BBQ
- - - - International Food
- - - - Seafood
- - - - Sandwiches
- - - - Prime Cuts
- - - - Chili
- - - - Pizza
- - - - Hamburgers
- - - - Hot Dogs, Sausages & Bratwursts
- - - - Breakfast
[Side Dishes Forum]
- - - - Side Orders
- - - - Ice Cream & Custards
- - - - Other Desserts
[Snacks & Candy Forum]
- - - - Snacks & Candy
- - - - The Beverage Forum
- - - - Roadfood Restaurants in the Media
- - - - Miscellaneous - Food Related
- - - - Recipes & Cooking Techniques
- - - - Fast Food Franchises & Non-Roadfood Chains
- - - - Miscellaneous - Off Topic & "Lighter Fare"
[Restaurant Professionals Forum]
- - - - Restaurant Professionals Forum
- - - - Professional Hot Dog Vendors
- - - - Roadfood Classifed - For Sale and Want Ads
Commercial Version 5.5
The Contingent's Fox River Valley Taqueria Tour, Sunday, October 2nd, 2016
#ICQ 818-99999 SELL CC CCV VBV DOB UK US /SELL CC CCV SSN MMN BIN US UK high balance
#ICQ 818-99999 BOOK FLIGHT TICKET HOTEL TRAIN TICKET/SHIP ONLINE/SELL CVV CC CCV UK US CA
#ICQ 818-99999 DO BANK TRANSFER, HACK WU TRANSFER MTCN, WU BUG/SELL CVV CC CCV UK US CA AU
#ICQ 818-99999 HACK EMAIL GMAIL YAHOO MAIL HOTMAIL, HACK PERSONAL INFORMATION/SELL CVV CC
#ICQ 818-99999 SELL CC CCV VBV DOB SSN MMN BIN CA AUS EU JP DE FR CHINA TAIWAN HONGKONG AS
#ICQ 818-99999 SELL GOOGLE PLAY GIFT CARD /SELL GIFT CARD/SELL CVV CC CCV UK US CA AUS JP
#ICQ 818-99999 SELL eBay GIFT CARD /SELL GIFT CARD/SELL CVV CC CCV UK US CA AUS JP EU ASIA
#ICQ 818-99999 SELL AMAZON GIFT CARD /SELL GIFT CARD/SELL CVV CC CCV UK US CA AUS JP EU AS
#ICQ 818-99999 BEST SELLER CVV CC CCV UK US/BEST HACKER CVV CC CCV/BEST VENDOR CVV CC CCV
What's For DINNER ...???
Do You Still Read The Newspaper?
Products that I really like
BASEBALL 2016 - Moneyball Comes of Age
Equipment for concession trailer
all the hype about paula dean's place////
Joe Huber's, Starlight IN, 8-23-16
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
Howard Johnson's Frankfurters
There is no record available at this moment