Where should my dog eat; Or what dog-friendly restaurants can you recommend and why?
Well, as many of you know, I have had a new addition to my family. Hamish is a 1 1/2 year old Scottish Terrier. As you also know, I also like to eat out at lots of different place. I decided to make a list of places people can go to eat at and bring their dogs along. Not the places that let you tie the dog outside while you eat, but places where they do one or more of several things to make the dog and their people feel welcome.Good people food also is a serious plus!
So here's what I am looking for :
- What places have fenced in patios where you can eat with the dog next to you
- What places supply bowls of water for your dog
- What places sell you treats for your dog
- What places give you treats to keep your dog happy while you eat
- What places have actual dog menus where you can ordercut up chicken, kibble etc.
- What places allow you to bring the dog inside the restaurant while you are dining
- What places have a dog "relief" area outside or nearby
- What places sell their own baked or store-made dog treats to go
- what is the quality of the "people" food; i.e. is it a place you would go to even if you didn't have a dog?
- What type of "people" food do they specialize in?
- Are there any exceptional place you have been to where they really go out of their way to accomodate your dog?
Any places in your area or on your travels that you have encountered would be great.I'm going to try to compile a list so any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Ed and Hamish
post edited by EdSails - 2013/04/18 12:48:21